Orvis Reviews

04/19/2014
Orvis Ratings and User Reviews. Orvis is rated 8.8 out of 10 from 216 reviews. Last rated on 04/19/2014.
Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes... Show More Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes in a sweepstake, register to receive monthly newsletters, and use the "quick buy" function to order products directly from any Orvis catalog.
Circle of Excellence - Orvis

2003 Winner

Orvis Rating

More About Orvis

Recent Reviews for Orvis

• Apr 19, 2014
    Checkout was not good. Did not show tax, did not deduct $10 off from coupon code even though code was approved, showed a shipping charge when it is supposed to be free standard shipping. Nw I have to call Orvis to make sure charges are correct. Product selection went well, checkout did not.
  • Apr 19, 2014
    I love Orvis because the quality is always good and the fashions are timeless. If wrong size it is easy to just go to the store and return.
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Ordering on line with Orvis has never been a problem.
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Orvis, they do not carry larger sizes past XL. I would like to see 1X or 2X clothing ion line and in catalogue.
  • Apr 18, 2014
    It was easy to purchase the product that I was seeking!
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Easy to find what I was looking for, good selection of styles, colors.
  • Apr 17, 2014
    GREAT customer service!
  • Apr 17, 2014
    I love the fabulous quality of the stock that Orvis Supply. Everything is made from natural products and I love it that they are concerned with the environment and protecting natural habitats. It is one of my favourite websites, even though I reside on the other side of the world (in Perth, WA, Australia).
  • Apr 16, 2014
    i love the website love the store and cant wait to purchase more things from your amazing company
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Great style. Dependable quality. A step above the rest.
    I received multiple web errors codes while trying to checkout on the Orvis site. I had to keep refreshing my screen going back then repeating steps to complete the check out. I've never encountered this problem before when shopping on the Orvis site. I think your new check out site is error prone.
    I have recently "found" Orvis clothes and I do like them.
    Make some great/innovative products for our furry family members!
    Since I used an Orvis Visa credit card to pay I get free shipping. After I entered my credit care number I think the screen should have displayed the free shipping information. I had to actually confirm the order prior to seeing the no charge. I had to do a Chat e-mail to find out from Jennifer that the shipping was free. Jennifer was helpful.
    Orvis is a large company with a well known name and I hear very reliable.
    Orvis by web or in store has a super selection and great service.
    Apr 18, 2014
  • Apr 8, 2014
    Used Customer Service chat twice leading up to the purchase. Orvis Rep was very helpful.
    Apr 18, 2014
    You should offer Free shipping like many other online retailers do.
  • Apr 6, 2014
    Established, well known outdoors company offering variety of outdoor products.
    Apr 16, 2014
    Jacket was ordered xxl size and was too small, short in sleeve length and tight in chest.
  • Apr 5, 2014
    Apr 16, 2014
    Although I was given a tracking number for my package, I got it on the same day the package arrived. So a great idea, but wasn't useful this time. The product was in awesome shape when it arrived and was very well packed. But, my father in law ordered the same set of fishing flies the day after me, but got his package four days before me. We live 2 kms apart. So I expected the shipping to be a bit more timely. On the plus side I wasn't charged for shipping, but my father in law had to pay an additional $6-7 in shipping--which we never figured out.
  • Mar 22, 2014