Build.com Reviews

04/16/2014
Build.com Ratings and User Reviews. Build.com is rated 9.2 out of 10 from 1510 reviews. Last rated on 04/16/2014.

Build.com Rating

More About Build.com

Recent Reviews for Build.com

• Apr 16, 2014
    The lamps I purchased last year are getting great comments from guests 8^)At 80% off, they were a steal! I appreciate being able to do my whole house reno at prices usually available only to contractors!!
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Love all the Build.com sites and the customer service.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    love the website; love the contact person if I have any questions - highly recommend
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Haven't had any problems with purchases in the past. I am currently awaiting a RGA to return some cabinet hardware that is too large and doesn't look right on the cabinet(s) they were purchased for.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    I think you have a great selection and are very helpful overall. I can't remember specifically but I remember a little frustration with your search selections not seeming to collect options that I thought they would.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    I had difficulty trying to delete items from my cart. It took 3 repeated returns to the website to complete the order.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    NOT MUCH INFORMATION ON THE ITEM -- i HAD LOTS OF QUESTIONS BUT NOT THE TIME TO KEEP LOOKING. I.E. WHAT'S INSIDE? ETC.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Barb Hageman was simply amazing at explaining everything via chat. And recommending solutions.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Two problems: When I ordered a front door lock, I thought I was getting both interior and exterior components. To someone familiar with locks, it probably was clear that I only ordered the exterior set, but to a novice like me, it wasn't clear. So now I'm waiting for the interior components to be shipped. Also, I assumed 2 day shipping meant I would get the product in two days, not that it would take three days to prepare to ship and then an additional two days to ship. Liane was very helpful in online chat. Additionally, this is a matter of security for me as my old lock is broken and I am unable to lock my door in the conventional way while I wait (and wait) for all the parts to arrive. Please try to make it clearer that both interior and exterior elements are needed for those of us who are not so tech savvy. Thanks.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    BUILD .com ROCKS! Ask for Aimee.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    I've used build for several new home purchases and have found them extremely easy to work with.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Great site with competitive pricing.Easy to navigate and find exactly what you're looking for.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Had trouble adding items to my cart. Phone assistance was very good and resolved problem quickly and courteously.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Easy to navigate website and easy to order.
  • Apr 16, 2014
    Wonderful site, easy to use, prompt delivery, great products so far!
  • Apr 8, 2014
    This company has excellent customer service. There were minor defects (a scratch on a handleset and a chip in the shade of a ceiling fan light)with my first two purchases, and Build.com replaced both without hesitation. The people who answer the phones and also conduct the live chats are very pleasant, courteous, and helpful. Also, the items arrived much faster than predicted. I just placed another order with the company!
    Apr 16, 2014
    Excellent customer service! I enjoy doing business with this company.
  • Apr 7, 2014
    Been working with your rep Cam. He's been great!
  • Apr 6, 2014
    Apr 16, 2014
    WE ordered two Copper Sinks for a bath room remodel, the sinks were fine however a critical Mounting piece was missing from both sinks.I contacted Build.com customer service about the missing parts. I was promised more than a week ago that they would contact me and send the missing parts. So far no contact, no parts, will have a machine shop make them for me. Not at all pleased. Please share as I will if nothing is dome share my experience on Pissedoff.com

From Build.com

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication you received when you contacted us for support and for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. We work hard to always be available for our customers and to provide them with thorough ... Read full response »
  • Apr 6, 2014
    I tried to buy 2 lamps,but when I tried to increase the order it didn't allow me. I had to put in two orders. I didn't like that I couldn't opt out of this very long survey.
    Apr 16, 2014
    I'm very pleased with my lamps, just what I expected.
  • Apr 5, 2014
    Apr 16, 2014
    I did not receive the item that I purchased. I ordered a furnace thermostat and received a Delta Faucet unit in a large package in which I returned immediately.

From Build.com

We apologize that you were shipped an incorrect item and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We work diligently with our vendors and manufacturers to ensure each order is accurate and delivered in a timely manner. We are sorry this was ... Read full response »