42nd Street Photo Reviews

01/27/2015
42nd Street Photo Ratings and User Reviews. 42nd Street Photo is rated 8.3 out of 10 from 541 reviews.
Located in New York, 42Photo.com offers a wide selection of computer and electronics items, including DVDs, cameras, televisions, VCRs, and more.

42nd Street Photo Rating

More About 42nd Street Photo

Recent Reviews for 42nd Street Photo

• Jan 18, 2015
    I purchased a Canon 16-35mm L Series lens from 42nd St. Photo a few months ago because they had the lowest advertised price of any on-line retailer that I had reviewed. At first, I was somewhat apprehensive about making a purchase from this company because their prices were considerably lower than their competitors. I was afraid that they might be selling gray market items that wouldn't be honored by factory warranties. After receiving my lens, I thoroughly inspected it and the box that it was shipped in. It was indeed brand new and I had no problems registering the warranty on Canon's web site. Before I received my order, I received an e-mail from the sales staff thanking me for my purchase and to let them know if I have any problems with my purchase. I appreciated their concern for their customers. Bottom line: 42nd Street Photo has the best prices for the camera gear that I wanted. I trust them and just made a considerable 2nd purchase from them.
  • Jan 17, 2015
    Liked everything except the search was not specific enough. I knew they had items and then couldnt find then until I tried different words in my search. Kind of frustrating when you are looking for a certain brand such as a RODE mic and you can't type in RODE to find it.
  • Jan 17, 2015
    Great price wondeful experience.
  • Jan 17, 2015
    Wish I could have spoken with a person but closed on Sat. Good price, what I wanted and no more. I wish it was clear if the cleaning kit, etc was included. Otherwise, very good experience.
  • Jan 17, 2015
    Pricing is excellent, First time ordering from 42nd St Photo.
  • Jan 17, 2015
    Great site with great prices!
  • Jan 17, 2015
    This is the third lens I ha e purchased from 42nd and love the service. I have even recommended the website to others.
  • Jan 16, 2015
    I am very happy to find a brand new GL2 as Canon ran out of parts for my first GL2. They sent me a replacement Camera which was appreciated, but it was the XHA1 which really was too heavy to use without a tripod so I am delighted to find a brand new GL2 at a good price.
  • Jan 16, 2015
    I have not much to say. This is my first purchase, and the product is yet to get to me.
    Very nice and easy website to buy. Love that I can paid with paypal!!! ❤️❤️
  • Jan 16, 2015
    Great Prices and Service~!
    recommended by a colleague
  • Jan 15, 2015
    42nd street photo is the best place to buy cameras, as this helped me find the cheaper price among other competitors.
  • Jan 10, 2015
    Easy!
    Jan 16, 2015
    I will be back!
  • Jan 2, 2015
    OnlineI shopping at 42nd Street site was a good experience. The price for the product I purchased was very reasonable, but a UV filter for the lens was priced $30.00 over the same product at a competitors site. I called the 42nd Street Store several weeks ago and found the clerk with a very short, impatient and impersonal attitude. I did not order that Nikon body and kit because of the inconsiderate, indifferent attitude of the sales person. Today, I purchased a lens on line from 42nd Street solely because of the very reasonable price. I hope that I will receive the product in its original unopened nikon box, since I did not contact the store by phone to confirm the online info about the product. I do appreciate the cleaning kit included in the purchase price of the lens and the free shipping. Respectfully, CHA
    Jan 17, 2015
    Expedited shipping was promised, but shipping was very slow. The service department gave me a much reduced price on insurance and filters for the lens which was appreciated when I made a phone call concerning the item. (P.S.) Some of the difficulties were on my end. The emails and receipts came to two different computers, so I missed the email for the receipts at the time of purchase and the followup emails. I (just) opened the missing emails on this computer, so the ratings would have been much higher had seen them sooner on this computer. I apologize for lower ratings, some the confusion, and misinformation given with my first and second phone calls to 42nd St. The items arrived in great shape and I am pleased with the lens and price break on the insurance and filters.
  • Jan 1, 2015
    Lots of overpriced items.
    Jan 16, 2015
    42nd St. Photo's business philosophy is unlike any other I've ever dealt with. They don't care what method of shipping you pay for. Their main objective is to upsell you garbage products after you have already submitted a purchase. In my case, I placed my order on Friday Jan. 2, 2015. I paid for UPS 2 day shipping. I can understand if a business is closed this day; no problem. However, on Monday Jan. 5, 2015, I get a call from a 42nd St. Photo rep. asking me to return his call in regards to my order. I don't return call because I read at least 10 reviews alerting me to the fact that this would be a upsell call. My order is not shipped Monday. Tuesday Jan. 6, 2015. I get another call from a 42nd St. Photo rep. asking me to return his call regarding my order. Can't people leave a detailed voicemail as the missed call message asks? My order is shipped on Tuesday and due to a non-related UPS logistics issue, my camera is received Friday Jan. 9. One week after I placed my order. On the positive side of the equation, I did email customer service requesting a refund of shipping charges and did receive a return call, which I answered, letting me know that my shipping charges would be refunded. Also,not that I needed to return anything but, if I did, 42nd St. Photo's return policy includes a 20% restocking fee. No thanks! All in all, a fairly lousy experience in my book. I would not recommend 42nd St. Photo to my friends or enemies and I will never give them my business again.
  • Dec 31, 2014
    I like the concept, produce and good prices. I called to clarify some things and wanted to buy more from 42nd Street. I was so put off by the two gentlemen on the phone (different calls) that I decided to buy the other things somewhere else. I don't know where that somewhere else is, but I was cut off two or three times being told if I did not want to purchase now, sorry. They were not going to provide information.
  • Dec 26, 2014