Gemvara Reviews

09/03/2015
Gemvara Ratings and User Reviews. Gemvara is rated 9.2 out of 10 from 223 reviews. Last rated on 09/03/2015.

Gemvara Rating

More About Gemvara

Recent Reviews for Gemvara

Nice buying experience
  • Sep 3, 2015
    Beautiful quality, great price, and quality customer service!
  • Sep 3, 2015
    I love the unique qualities of many of the items. Ive also purchased the anchor pendant and its my girlfriends favorite piece. This purchase is an engagement ring for her.
  • Sep 2, 2015
    I love this site and have made several purchases for birthdays and anniversaries, even bought my wife's engagement ring from here. Will continue to bring my business to Gemvara!
  • Sep 2, 2015
    Overall it was a good experience. I also called them to answer some questions prior to ordering they were very helpful.
  • Sep 2, 2015
    Best selection and able to customize everything with the gemstones you want. A great experience all around.
  • Sep 2, 2015
    Overall a good experience, I am excited to see the ring and hope it lives up to the standards purported on the website.
  • Sep 1, 2015
    The selection on Gemvara is great, just wish there was a Men's ring with a Celtic design (like the ALHAMBRA KNOT BAND) and room for two different gems (specifically Ruby and Red Garnet).
  • Aug 31, 2015
    great shopping experience
  • Aug 31, 2015
    I have been saving up, and this website has made it easy to do with saving my items. I really enjoyed the website and I love the customization. I can put my own creativity into the ring and it has made the experience very personal.
  • Aug 29, 2015
    Thank you, Gemvara! Exactly what I needed at this point in my life. I didn't know something this cool existed. I'm looking forward to seeing the quality of the ring. That's what matters most at the end of this. I've heard only good things and am truly hoping for the best
  • Aug 29, 2015
    love the gemma gray line
  • Aug 26, 2015
    I was buying these items as gifts for my bridesmaids. I was very happy to find an affordable gift that could be customized and was genuine gold and gemstones so they can have the gift forever. I also really like the modern desings. I plan on buying more gifts for my mother/mother-in-law and also for myself in the future
  • Aug 18, 2015
    none
    Sep 2, 2015
    the ring is ok but not sure if I want to keep it. thankyou
  • Aug 17, 2015
    I can't rate this until I receive the product - although I loved the idea of customizing a ring to suit my needs and my budget!
    Aug 27, 2015
    The stones are not set like the picture. I thought they'd be embedded in the ring (smooth top and bottom, stones not sticking above and below ring perimeter) and, instead, they stick out slightly above the top and bottom of the band. Not a big deal, but not a 10. I think they could have been set closer together and that this is a workmanship issue - not a style issue.
  • Aug 10, 2015
    Aug 27, 2015
    I bought my engagement ring from Gemvara after going to several brick and mortal jewelry stores and not finding what I wanted. Because I was going to buy it in person I had the money in cash. Gemvara had the product I wanted at the right price so I decided to buy it there. I struggled to find a way to get the cash into a payment method that Gemara accepts. Time was of the essence and I needed the order to go in that same day. Thankfully my grandfather was willing to let me give him the cash and I ordered the item with his credit card and permission of course. One of the features Gemvara offered (and what convinced me to buy!) was that they update you via email on the progress of your custom ring's creation and shipment. That's very exciting and it gives peace of mind when making an expensive over the internet. My first update came in basically thanking my grandpa Roger for the purchase and congratulating Roger on his upcoming engagement. Huh? That's strange because I had been in contact with support numerous times prior to the purchase and they always referred to me by my name Darren. I also inputted my name into numerous fields during ordering which should've made it absolutely clear who is receiving the ring. My certificate of authenticity even says Darren on it. It's ok though. I can see how the mistake was made, after all, Roger is the billing contact. I reiterated this unique situation and my concerns to the support staff who apologized for the mistake and said they'll ensure that I am the intended recipient of future updates. Next update was from the MANAGER and was sent to Roger saying my ring was almost ready. I should've been so excited but this (seemingly minor) oversight left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm certain the Manager can view our previous interactions to glean information about this transaction. I can't be certain that I am valued as a customer when a simple request can't be honored. I really wanted to share these emails with my friends and of course my future wife because I know she'd think it's cute. I won't be doing that because they're written to my grandfather. I know that he provided the payment method, and any arrangement between me and him is not your concern. But I made it very clear that I am the customer. I am the one that saved and sacrificed for a year to accumulate the money for to purchase the love of my life this beautiful ring, and I am the one who requested to receive the exciting updates and delivery information, which was the deciding factor that made me want to make this once in a lifetime purchase from Gemvara. Let's say I have to send the ring in for resizing, I am sure she will want to be able to view any updates as they come in. What will she think if the emails are directed towards my Grandpa? I really don't want her having thoughts that my grandpa bought her engagement ring. With regard to the ring. It is beautiful crafted but even at 7mm the aquamarine did not show the depth of blue that I was hoping for. Based on my interpretation of Support staff's explanation, the larger the gem the more Color will be visible and a 7mm gem would yield a great color. I cannot fault them because I couldn't see the ring til it arrived. It certainly was not even remotely close to the depth of color in the various stages of the ring building process. Borderline misleading. Online shopping obviously lacks the face to face customer service experience and you have to use phone and email to get help. This department should be held to the absolute highest standard as they are in direct contact with the customer. It's a no brainer that they need to be professional and l courteous. When you're dealing with translations that are sometimes the most expensive thing the customer has ever bought in their life, and factor in the inherent risks involved with online shopping and internet security, it is imperative that you display a keen attention to detail at all times
  • Aug 8, 2015
    The Jewelry is beautiful, and very nice quality. It would be great if there was more engraving options though for some of the designs - even if the engravings include only initials.
    Aug 30, 2015
    Would be great to have more engraving options on pieces.
  • Aug 4, 2015
    Great options
    Aug 26, 2015
    My partner (soon to be husband) and I ordered matching rings with blue sapphire and emerald stones. The pictures online are great, but the sapphire stones are so dark, that indoors, they appear to be black rather than blue.
  • Aug 3, 2015
    Aug 26, 2015
    My fiance was amazed of how beautiful the ring was. Thank you for your attention to detail on my order.
  • Jul 30, 2015
    I''m excited. the company seems great.
    Aug 30, 2015