Hot Topic Reviews

01/20/2017
Hot Topic Ratings and User Reviews. Hot Topic is rated 9.0 out of 10 from 10729 reviews. Last rated on 01/20/2017.
Hot Topic is a mall-based chain of retail stores that specializes in apparel, accessories, gifts, and music for teenagers. The merchandise reflects a variety of music related lifestyles, which include streetwear, retro influenced lounge, punk, club, and gothic.

Hot Topic Rating

More About Hot Topic

Recent Reviews for Hot Topic

• Jan 20, 2017
    Good selection, newer products at a great price.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    They don't make using their Hot Cash easy. In my opinion they should at least lump together all the eligible merchandise and then make it so a customer can redeem multiple hot cash without having to call a special number.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    I am an absolute fan of Manic Panic hair dyes and Hot Topic always has the best selection and prices. I have also discovered other hair products that are sold through Hot Topic and I'm going to try those too! I also love the selection of lip rings! I have a problem with chewing on my lip to concentrate at work, so when i lose my balls or my entire ring I love that i can go and get more for a great price (usually buy one get one 1/2 off <3). Plus No one else sells Adventure Time leggings in store (trust me I have looked). I literally just love everything.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    It was utterly difficult,and rather annoying, attempting to use my Hot Cash with all the "sales" occurring on the site. Sales are awesome, and I was excited that two dresses I wanted were on sale for 40/50% off (the amount changed? While I was shopping? I don't know...it's....weird), added up to the amount I needed for my hot cash....However, this became a problem because, I thought the items were one price, but as soon as I inputted the Hot Cash code, the prices completely changed. I went from a $90something total to a $100 something total...It's slightly ridiculous to put such a big stopper on the Hot Cash (I'd never used the Hot Cash outside of the physical store/would completely forget about the Hotcash, so I never had this problem before). I spent half an hour trying to sort all the pricing out; trying to find things that would give me the biggest reward for my hot cash. If I had gotten just one of the dresses with...let's say a bow, bringing the total to the amount needed and used my Hot Cash, I'd spend the EXACT same amount as if I had just bought the dress by itself while it was on sale. Sure, I would get a free bow....but it made the Hot Cash completely pointless, and took away all of the reward...of the Hot Cash. So instead of getting two really nice items that I'd be extremely satisfied with, I ended up getting miscellaneous "Maybe I'll like it?, or I guess I can gift later...." items. The pointlessness of Hot Cash aside, it was more of a chore to try to shop and be able to use my discount than anything else. I would have to try to calculate how much more I needed to spend, while trying to make sure to take off ANY discounts the items had because as soon as I hit 90, those would disappear, racking up a much higher bill then I thought I would have. So it was a struggle trying to even out my spending, while still trying to get things I thought I would like.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    Found some really nice stuff for a fair price. The only issue is only 2 types of shipping methods and tax was shown at the very end of the shop.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    nice place for pre teens and teenagers to buy, also adults. big selections of products.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    Hot topic has been a fun place for my teen daughter to shop. I love Disney products as much as she does. Plus she loves anime items and legend of Zelda. Items we have purchased have been well-made and tastefully designed...
  • Jan 20, 2017
    One thing that is frustrating is hot cash and its usage. I get excited when I receive it and go online to use it. Think I will get an awesome deal; but when I enter it my bill actually goes over what it was before (because the sale prices come off). So really the hot cash is often times not even worth it.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    All time fave store for life
  • Jan 20, 2017
    I would like to see sizes for a plus sized woman-there would be several items that I would have purchased for myself. So far I am happy with the quality of the clothing I've purchased for my family.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    i love Hot-Topic, I have bought items from them before, and will buy from them again. But, their size selection sucks, I'm a bigger guy, and their selection barely covers plus size guys, i noticed that their plus sizes for women finally came through, what about the guys?
    Love this store!
  • Jan 20, 2017
    close to perfect shopping for all my pop culture and geeky needs :)
  • Jan 20, 2017
    Love Hot Topic! They're always one place I can count on to get cute stuff!
  • Jan 20, 2017
    Disappointed that lots of the apparel is limited in sizing choices. My daughters are excited to get a shirt they LOVE and then we see the only size available is 3x - super disappointing! We were in the mall last month and saw a specific shirt available in all sizes and then saw it online today and it was only available in 2x or larger!! Why do the mall stores have more availability in sizes than the websites? That doesn't make sense! We live in a very rural area and prefer to do our shopping online rather than drive over an hour to the nearest mall.... You would get more of our money if you had more reasonable sizes available.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    I love Hot Topic! It's the only place I go for my anime merch and anything else I might need from releases that correspond with new movies and what not, such as the Doctor Who and Harry Potter clothing. I love the jewelry they have and I love going to the store to get new makeup and clothes. I especially love going with my friends and buying out the Anime section. Hope they can keep up!
  • Jan 20, 2017
    I love this store and all merchandise, i love to buy here hope always are special so I can save to buy more, discounts offerrs
  • Jan 20, 2017
    Having access to plus sized band merch is one of the reasons we shop online with you. It would be great to see more sizes in the stores.
  • Jan 20, 2017
    Hot Topic is great, but not being able to use all of my hotcash online is a pain. It's also bad that the discounts don't apply with the Hot Cash. Other than that, I love shopping at Hot Topic. I can never decide what to buy!!
  • Jan 20, 2017
    The check out only let me use 1 hot cash coupon even though I have 3 because they all have the same code