Orvis Reviews

08/28/2015
Orvis Ratings and User Reviews. Orvis is rated 9.1 out of 10 from 141 reviews. Last rated on 08/26/2015.
Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes... Show More Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes in a sweepstake, register to receive monthly newsletters, and use the "quick buy" function to order products directly from any Orvis catalog.
Circle of Excellence - Orvis

2003 Winner

Orvis Rating

More About Orvis

Recent Reviews for Orvis

• Aug 26, 2015
    Orvis has very good quality of clothes for men and women. Their sales are extremely worthwhile.
  • Aug 24, 2015
    Disappointed in the shipping charges as many merchants now offer free shipping..but, love the Orivs product line.
  • Aug 22, 2015
    Great company and customer serviceeeee.
  • Aug 22, 2015
    Great selection of fly fishing products with helpful images and product reviews. The shipping options for gifts is very easy to use.
  • Aug 21, 2015
    I trust in the quality of Orvis which makes the cost worth it, versus cheaper products in local stores.
  • Aug 20, 2015
    I always like shopping at Orvis
  • Aug 19, 2015
    a little frustrated that Orvis did not sell the fly tying materials featured in one of the online fly tying videos, i was forced to buy some items from another online source
  • Aug 19, 2015
    Great quality. Shipping charges prevent me from ordering more often.
  • Aug 18, 2015
    ORVIS is always quality, and I understand that quality cost money, but you prices really are too high for me to consider most of your items
  • Aug 16, 2015
    Orvis continues to offer quality merchandise when many of its competitors do not. Shipping seems high when compared to other vendors especially when the items sought are not available in your retail store which is local.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    their products are usually above average in quality
    Aug 25, 2015
    I find the quality of their products is usually very good; their styles appeal to my taste --- they tend tp be classic, and not gimmicky. In other words, it's my "go to first" source.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    Great range of items. The kinds of things men wish for made available - particularly at sale time!!
    Aug 23, 2015
    Great store. Great products. Shirt I bought arrived with design unattractively placed.
    Aug 24, 2015
    2 pieces of clothes were way too small, will have to return. Did not like the products styling either.
  • Aug 14, 2015
    No need to ask for my address twice, both for shipping and billing. Provide a choice for same as shipping (billing). Shipping fee is also excessive, about twice what I normally pay for item of this size. I do appreciate the special offer though. Thanks.
  • Aug 14, 2015
    Love the beautiful clothing they offer.
    Aug 24, 2015
    Loved the sweater. Love Orvis.
  • Aug 10, 2015
    Aug 20, 2015
    Returning shirt looks good. Just more money than I would spend for this type of shirt.
  • Aug 9, 2015
    LOVED THE ONLINE CHAT REP, MARIA. ONE OTHER TIME I HAD A CHAT WITH A REP, AND THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. HELPFUL, KIND, AND VERY VERY PROMPT AND QUICK WITH RESPONSES. I LOVE THIS COMPANY.
    Aug 19, 2015
    Twice I've used your live chat. Loved your staff. They are your perfect front line representatives. Pay them well. Praise them. Don't let them leave because they are hard to find.
  • Aug 9, 2015
    traditional pants with sizing options
    Aug 25, 2015
    Your khaki pants are excellent and inseam sizing saves me $15/pant for alteration
  • Aug 7, 2015
    Aug 17, 2015
    I mostly dress in hand-me-downs from friends or thrift shop finds. On the rare occasion that I purchase new clothing, I purchase only Orvis. The quality is exceptional, the clothing wears well and I always receive a complement on whatever I am wearing. "It's from Orvis," I say. I do respite care and hospice work and that is how I learned about Orvis. One of my clients, a woman with Parkinson's Disease, wore such comfortable and sturdy clothing. She showed me a sale catalog she had recently received and I ordered some pants. I was hooked. When that client/friend passed away, she had made plans to hand-me-down her favorite Orvis clothing. She wanted me to look good and to be comfortable. Bless her heart.
  • Aug 5, 2015