Orvis Reviews

08/28/2015
Orvis Ratings and User Reviews. Orvis is rated 9.1 out of 10 from 141 reviews.
Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes... Show More Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes in a sweepstake, register to receive monthly newsletters, and use the "quick buy" function to order products directly from any Orvis catalog.
Circle of Excellence - Orvis

2003 Winner

Orvis Rating

More About Orvis

Recent Reviews for Orvis

• Jun 16, 2015
    You need free shipping.
  • Jun 14, 2015
    Would like express shipping available to canada
  • Jun 13, 2015
    I was surprised that the shipping charges were so high, when I had just signed up for the first time and spent over $400.00 on apparel. I liked a lot of the clothing/accessories for its eco-aware quality and fabrics. I thought that there should be a lot more photos of models wearing the clothes at a variety of angles.
  • Jun 11, 2015
    Good quality and consistent fit.
  • Jun 9, 2015
    Don't like the shipping cost schedule
  • Jun 8, 2015
    Have owned clothes from Orvis for over 30 years-great quqlim!
  • Jun 5, 2015
    Customer service is great!!
    Jun 13, 2015
  • Jun 4, 2015
    Great collars and colors! Shipping is a little high!
  • Jun 3, 2015
    Orvis has only the best quality goods and services, and they stand behind everything they sell. If Orvis doesn't have it, I don't need it.
    Jun 11, 2015
    Orvis has only the best merchandise, and their shipping and customer service departments are top notch. I'm constantly asked about the great clothing I'm wearing, and I'm more than happy to point everyone in Orvis' direction. I only wish I had discovered Orvis earlier in life.
  • Jun 1, 2015
    Fantastic company. Repeat customer. Always satisfied
  • May 30, 2015
    Always receive great products and service.
    Jun 9, 2015
  • May 29, 2015
    Always a pleasure to buy from Orvis.
    Jun 15, 2015
  • May 29, 2015
    Orvis has been a standard in my family for years, but I have never ordered from you until today. Love your clothing for men and ordered two shirts--too big, but I really like them and you don't carry Smalls--but wish you carried clothing for women that was more substantial in weight and warmth, and a bit more rugged than overly feminine. Maybe that's why I've never ordered! :)
    Jun 14, 2015
  • May 29, 2015
    I have purchased several items from Orvis. I typically will wait until I feel that their discounted price is a good value and/or I can get significant savings over full retail. Quality of everything I have purchased from Orvis has been excellent.
    Jun 8, 2015
    Once again, based on my previous experience with the excellent quality of Orvis products, I purchased a product unseen and untouched thru Orvis online. The Signature Polos lived up to my expectations as the material, workmanship and fit were all perfect.
  • May 25, 2015
    A great company -- very reliable. I have been ordering from them for many years. If something isn't right, they fix it right away -- no problems!
    Jun 9, 2015
    I have been shopping at Orvis for many years. Once in a while an item doesn't work for me, and it is easy to return to Orvis -- they are a great company!
  • May 24, 2015
    Jun 1, 2015
    Disappointed to learn return of items is not without charge.
  • May 24, 2015
    Quality!
    Jun 1, 2015
    The Belt that I selected was not the quality that I'm used to get from Orvis. But the price that I paid was more than fair. The shirts were good quality. Free shipping on any purchase would have me purchase more often. LL Bean offers this perk.
  • May 23, 2015
    QUALITY PRODUCTS, NICE SELECTION,
    Jun 5, 2015
  • May 19, 2015
    Excited for my dog bed!
    Jun 5, 2015
  • Apr 7, 2015
    I've been very happy with the quality of goods from Orvis. I went to a store even. Clean. Attractive. The fly fishing staff was friendly and helpful. The cashier did forget my discount, but it was only a dollar or so. I let it go. But I'll have to say that someone needs to do a better job predicting inventory turn over. My first online order took over a month to arrive. This recent order estimates 7+ weeks? We won't even go into the Encounter Waders. I know you're doing a fix for that, which is admirable. Customer service is very helpful too. . . .but you're about 0 for 4 having what I need when I need it (both online and in-store). I'm guessing others are not as patient as I, so you must be losing a lot of potential customers. I'm half tempted to go elsewhere for the waders as they won't be available for my upcoming fishing trips. Compound that, and you're not even offering any kind of free shipping, compensation or anything else. There's not a whole lot to keep me, other than that Orvis waders have fit my odd body shape better than others I've tried. Once I find another though, that's another lost sale.
    Jun 15, 2015
    I mentioned already that I've had very good experiences with Orvis. Customer service is great. It's just that I can never find anything in my size. Granted I'm an odd shape, so I understand. Also understand that the waders I had purchased were being recalled. But 2 months late is still 2 months late (with 2 extended delays past expected date of arrival). Hopefully won't become habit forming.