Orvis Reviews

03/26/2015
Orvis Ratings and User Reviews. Orvis is rated 9.1 out of 10 from 193 reviews.
Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes... Show More Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes in a sweepstake, register to receive monthly newsletters, and use the "quick buy" function to order products directly from any Orvis catalog.
Circle of Excellence - Orvis

2003 Winner

Orvis Rating

More About Orvis

Recent Reviews for Orvis

• Jan 7, 2015
    I have bought orvis clothing for the last 25 years and I have never had a complaint. Always a good value everything holds upquite well.
  • Jan 6, 2015
    Excellent quality fly fishing equipment
  • Jan 5, 2015
    Shipping went from $7 to $11 with one little bottle of floatant? Seems like a little much.
    Great company.Quality products
  • Jan 5, 2015
    Good experience...shipping seems to be on the high side.
  • Jan 4, 2015
    I like it. It,s easy ans I love your products.
  • Jan 3, 2015
    I was promised a $10 discount for supplying my email address up-front. The copy said new email subscribers only. Well, apparently I used to get email from Orvis, so they had my email address and I was not considered a new subscriber. But they didn't tell me this with any sort of reply. It was so long ago, I didn't remember if I got their emails or not. In any case, I never received the $10 discount. I chatted online with a CSR about it. I was so miffed I almost abandoned my cart, but it's icy out in Michigan tonight and I didn't want to run to the nearby Orvis store. I was left me with negative feelings about Orvis, which is not something I think the company wants. This was a bad UX in my professional opinion as Customer Experience Strategist, and in my personal opinion as a shopper. Want to rise above the ranks of Woolrich, Pendleton, Deluth Trading, Carhartt and the like? Treat customers as if they are always right, even if they miss the fine print and lead generation trickery. And keep selling made in America products.
  • Jan 3, 2015
    Well run company with good products
  • Jan 3, 2015
    researched product. reviews helpful.
  • Jan 1, 2015
    Your products are wonderful!
  • Jan 1, 2015
    high quality items
  • Dec 31, 2014
    I would be happier if you had given me the option of 'choose not to answer'. I want to also express my displeasure that women's clothing is no longer carried at the Clarendon Store in Arlington, VA.
  • Dec 31, 2014
    Excellent products that suit my needs and taste. Always well done, quality craftsmanship and attractive designs.
    Jan 8, 2015
    I have always had a good experience with Orvis, buy regularly from them because I like their products.
  • Dec 24, 2014
    Products are good but expensive. The gift certificate was the deal-breaker. They should offer free shipping on any purchase over $50 as this is pretty standard with their competition.
    Jan 5, 2015
  • Dec 22, 2014
    Jan 6, 2015
    Great products and great service!
  • Dec 21, 2014
    very happy with selection - wish I had ordered earlier as I had also wanted to get it in queen!
    Dec 31, 2014
  • Dec 20, 2014
    High quality - can't go wrong shopping at Orvis
    Jan 2, 2015
  • Dec 17, 2014
    It is great to have free shipping on this order. I know it is hard to compete with Overstock but fast free shipping would be wonderful. ....I would order more often.
    Jan 1, 2015
  • Dec 9, 2014
    I look forward to giving this Orvis gift to my husband.
    Dec 31, 2014
    great company
  • Oct 4, 2014
    Jan 6, 2015
    I am disappointed in the quality of the dog bed. Customer service was helpful but let me know NOT to wash the bed frequently. Also, I was told to wash the dog bed in COLD water. Well, both I and the dogs have allergies. So, frequent washings and in hot water is recommended by the allergist. Anyhoo, I will no longer purchase any dog beds from Orvis. I prefer items of high quality even at a "high" quality price. But, then at that price I do demand that the product last a reasonable amount of time with normal use. I am pleased with your return/replacement policy. But, I have a dog bed that has been replaced. I still don't have my money and the replacement will NOT likely last very long either. I still have to wash the bed about 1x/month in hot water. The bed is NO good to me if I cannot do this....