Orvis Reviews

05/05/2015
Orvis Ratings and User Reviews. Orvis is rated 9.0 out of 10 from 163 reviews.
Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes... Show More Founded in 1856, Orvis is the nation's oldest mail order company, specializing in the sale of premium fly-fishing tackle, men's and women's traditional New England apparel, luggage, and gifts for the country home. The site also features a travel shop where shoppers can purchase their favorite travel apparel, bags and other accessories. Visitors can enter to win prizes in a sweepstake, register to receive monthly newsletters, and use the "quick buy" function to order products directly from any Orvis catalog.
Circle of Excellence - Orvis

2003 Winner

Orvis Rating

More About Orvis

Recent Reviews for Orvis

• Apr 11, 2015
    The go to place for equipment
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Orvis has great product that are high quality, but they are a little on the expensive side.
  • Apr 10, 2015
    A surprise that it had some things for me. I hope the shirts areally non wrinkly..
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Nice apparel. A bit pricey though.
  • Apr 8, 2015
    Great company, great products. I've been using Orvis products for 40 years.
  • Apr 7, 2015
    I love the clothing but find the shipping charges excessive. I buy clothes from various other online companies with little to no shipping charges. The clothes are nice but I feel as if I am paying a premium already. The shipping costs are just too much.
  • Apr 7, 2015
    Love Orvis. Wish I could get free shipping..it would help a lot!
  • Apr 7, 2015
    I've been very happy with the quality of goods from Orvis. I went to a store even. Clean. Attractive. The fly fishing staff was friendly and helpful. The cashier did forget my discount, but it was only a dollar or so. I let it go. But I'll have to say that someone needs to do a better job predicting inventory turn over. My first online order took over a month to arrive. This recent order estimates 7+ weeks? We won't even go into the Encounter Waders. I know you're doing a fix for that, which is admirable. Customer service is very helpful too. . . .but you're about 0 for 4 having what I need when I need it (both online and in-store). I'm guessing others are not as patient as I, so you must be losing a lot of potential customers. I'm half tempted to go elsewhere for the waders as they won't be available for my upcoming fishing trips. Compound that, and you're not even offering any kind of free shipping, compensation or anything else. There's not a whole lot to keep me, other than that Orvis waders have fit my odd body shape better than others I've tried. Once I find another though, that's another lost sale.
  • Apr 6, 2015
    I love the high quality of your products
  • Apr 5, 2015
    I try new websites/stores. The jury is out on Orvis, but the quality seems very good so far.....................
  • Apr 5, 2015
    Great products; availability can be limited but worth being vigilant.
  • Apr 5, 2015
    Not thrilled about a 5 month wait for this item,never mind shipping charges this high., I will wait & see what next I can expect.
  • Apr 4, 2015
    Orvis is synonymous with fly fishing equipment supplier. Premium, trustworthy equipment.
  • Mar 30, 2015
    I have two dogs and they each have two of the personalized side-release buckle collars. These are the best ever!! I've had these collars for about 7 years now. They get washed regularly and still look like new!! Thanks Orvis for great products!! Yvette Case Meadville, MS
    Apr 9, 2015
    Love the seat protecter , it stays in place & keeps me from having to constantly vacum the seats! Highly recommend the foam foot well fillers!! Gives my little angels more room and keeps them safe from slipping :)
  • Mar 29, 2015
    Apr 6, 2015
    Only complaint, was shipping cost & expensive t-shirt.
  • Mar 27, 2015
    Top product, fast delevery
  • Mar 24, 2015
    I like your catalogs.
    Apr 8, 2015
    I will most surely shop there again.
  • Mar 23, 2015
    Apr 7, 2015
    Some of the items were to be shipped later after the original amount was shipped
  • Mar 12, 2015
    Greatest Fly Fishing products on Earth!
    Apr 5, 2015