TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

05/28/2017
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 7.9 out of 10 from 717 reviews. Last rated on 05/26/2017.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• May 26, 2017
    Downloaded free trial only
  • May 26, 2017
    Utilized since 2010 and will continue to do so as long as I am volunteering doing tax returns.
  • May 25, 2017
    always a problem downloading softwae
  • May 25, 2017
    TaxAct is losing out on a package where a small practitioner with several dozen 1040 but only a few Forms 1065, 1041 and 1120. It is too expensive to purchase separate copies of 1065, 1041 and 1120. Why not charge a per use amount of $40-50 for each of those items.
  • May 25, 2017
    Experienced problem when trying to order a product; sent e-mail to TaxAct. Received very prompt reply saying, essentially, that the problem was in my computer. Tried once more doing exactly the same steps as before and was successful in placing order. I believe the problem is in in their website program.
  • May 25, 2017
    THIS S A GREAT PRUUCT TO WORK WITH.
  • May 25, 2017
    User friendly & reliable.
  • May 25, 2017
    Very good service and product.
  • May 22, 2017
    TAX PREPARATION IN A VALUE ADDED SERVICE FOR MY INSURANCE BUSINESS. AS A SOLE PROPIATER, I DO LESS THAN 20 TAX RETURNS PER YEAR SO I PAY CLOSE TO $200 PER YEAR JUST TO E-FILE FOR MY CUSTOMERS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF I MIGHT GET A SMALL PACKAGE FEAL IN ADVANCE FOR E-FILING.
  • May 20, 2017
    Tax Act is a very professional company and their website easy to use and customer service is excellent
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Great program
    May 20, 2017
  • May 19, 2017
    None
  • Nov 28, 2016
    Tax Act is a great program. Have used it for years, and it has been a great bargain, too. Especially helpful for clergy taxes.
    May 19, 2017
    Love this program. Have used it for years, and it is especially helpful in doing clergy taxes.
  • May 18, 2017
    Very good and user friendly software
  • May 16, 2017
    N/A
  • May 16, 2017
    I purchase TaxAct because it is the most affordable and I only have a few clients. But I prefer the features in ProSeries especially the way the program highlights errors/estimated entries/missing info. And when something pops up in the ProSeries error check, it takes you to the error rather than saying something is "incomplete" - talk about vague.
  • May 15, 2017
    If audit finds an error, it should tell you if I checked a box in error. it took me days to find what box I checked in error. I found very frustrating, nor expected for such a quality product. I expect this from a free online or TurboTax.Please look into this as a option to be corrected in your next rollout and possible prior product lines.Thank you,A Dedicated TaxAct CustomerRick Gut(720) 799-7947rick.gut@live.cim
  • May 15, 2017
    So far I have had a great experience using TaxAct I plan on using them until I run into some issues which I do not see coming anytime soon.
  • May 05, 2017
    I suggest to add Form 990 for CA and other major state version.Please add Form 706 and 709.Thank you.
    May 15, 2017
    I would like you to offer Form 990 California version
  • May 13, 2017
    I have used TurboTax, but prefer TaxAct. I have researched other options, but stick with TaxAct, because I live by the old saying "if it's not broke don't fix it". I am very happy with TaxAct, so why would I consider using another software?