TaxACT Reviews

04/18/2015
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 8.9 out of 10 from 1907 reviews. Last rated on 04/18/2015.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

Showing 1 - 20 of 1907 Reviews
  • Apr 18, 2015
    always enjoy using tax act every year.
  • Apr 18, 2015
    Great software. I will depend on it to correctly prepare my tax returns.
  • Apr 18, 2015
    Straightforward. After eFiling season, the price of the preparers editions should be highly discounted, as over 93% of persons and/or businesses have filed already.
  • Apr 18, 2015
    i have used TAXACT for many years to complete and file my federal and georgia state returns. this is by far the WORST experience i have ever had with them! Never before has it been such a complex and confusing process. I was unable to get support on 4/14/2015. I was not able to access my account, or get password reset. Even after the deadline, I am still struggling to complete and file 2014 returns! Sadly, I think this will be my LAST TIME using TAXACT.
  • Apr 16, 2015
    Love the program and that's why I keep on using it!
    easy to use
  • Apr 16, 2015
    Its too confussing, You need to provide a phone # to call for help!
  • Apr 15, 2015
    Your web site is a little hard to navigate. Consider a rework/redesign.
  • Apr 15, 2015
    I have used TaxACT for the last 6 Years, and in my opinion is the easiest program that I have ever used to file my taxes.
  • Apr 15, 2015
    I've been using Tax Act for about 15 years and have been very satisfied.
  • Apr 15, 2015
    I am very pleased with TaxAct's products and staff.
  • Apr 15, 2015
    I have been doing my taxes with Taxact for years, why pay hundreds to the accountant to put in the numbers I give them.
  • Apr 14, 2015
    I love the product! I have been using it for years and it makes tax season more tolerable!
    Apr 17, 2015
    Year after year, TaxAct makes filing taxes so easy!
  • Apr 14, 2015
    Website was hard to navigate because did not play well with Chrome Browser; i.e., did not resize efficiently, which made ordering a timeconsuming process until I realized parts of window were not showing. Also, clear instructions for a new account to DOWNLOAD are not available. Using the program was fairly easy, although one option I'd like is the option to DUPLICATE a form (i.e., I have multiple 1099Rs, from the same institution, and being able to duplicate, and just change the amounts, would be timesaving.
    Apr 17, 2015
    Website does not clearly differentiate web and purchase/download options. You really need to make this part clearer. The two login IDs are not clear. I also have a technical problem, in that to install, I must operate in Admin role, while I prefer to use in User role. When I inadvertently made a change in a return as Admin, I was unable to access the return in User mode. I will contact TaxACT re this problem during business hours.
    Apr 17, 2015
    Tax Act was a very easy software to use, the only problem I had was that I purchased the federal version for 12.95 and then while doing the federal version state questions popped up and I then purchased the state version. When I ordered the state version for 14.95 I was charged again for the federal version. Can't figure out how to contact Tax Act to be refunded the money for the second federal version.
  • Apr 13, 2015
    The use of the product is very easy. Trying to fill my order was a nightmare. I ended up with the wait 15 minutes four times, which is five times too many.
    Apr 16, 2015
  • Apr 9, 2015
    easy to purchase, a returning customer
    Apr 18, 2015
    harder to down load thru the instructions given, was not an enjoyable experience
  • Apr 8, 2015
    Why they insist on making the buying process so DAMNED painful is beyond me. Why should I have to go through unending offshore idiots just to file my state taxes? 2nd year I've tried to deal with these lowlife scumsuckers-- never again. I'll do it by hand on paper before I give the SOBs another dime of my money.
    Apr 18, 2015
    Total rip off, throughly incompetent staff, reminds of dealing with Dell computers
  • Apr 3, 2015
    Love tax act and recommend to everybody
    Apr 15, 2015
    Don't understand why anybody uses anything besides TaxAct
  • Mar 22, 2015