TaxACT Reviews

08/22/2014
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 9.2 out of 10 from 303 reviews. Last rated on 08/21/2014.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

• Aug 21, 2014
    As always: very good quality, selection, value & price. Website slightly confusting. One website glitch - the "Print" function for the paid receipt created a garbled document.
  • Aug 21, 2014
    I have always been very happy with Tax Act products. Their customer service department is always excellent!
  • Aug 21, 2014
    TaxAct has always fullfilled my expectations.
    The IRS challenged 2013 taxes. Witing for results
  • Aug 17, 2014
    Tax Act is a quality product and I will continue to use it. However, I do wish they would monitor sales a little better and stop sending offers when I have already purchased the product. Too many offers and you forget you buy and you (at least me)can very easily duplicate. Then you have to go to the trouble of trying to get one refunded. This has happened to me once at times past.
  • Aug 14, 2014
    I THOUGHT S&H CHARGES WERE A BIT EXCESSIVE.
  • Aug 14, 2014
    Wish that TaxAct would take my bug reports seriously rather than trying to explain them away.
  • Aug 11, 2014
    need a little more support for questions.
  • Aug 11, 2014
    It is easy to use, instructions are very clear
  • Aug 7, 2014
    I've used TaxACT since the 1999 filing season. They get better every year. Great product
  • Aug 7, 2014
    TAX ACT IS DESIGNED FOR EASE OF USE AND I LIKE THAT - IT ALSO PROVIDES A REVIEW OF THE TAX RETURN SO MISTAKES ARE NOT AS EASILY MADE - BEING A SOLE PROPRIETOR I APPRECIATE THE REVIEW OF MY WORK - TAX ACT IS ALSO REASONABLY PRICED FOR A SMALL BUSINESS LIKE MINE
  • Aug 6, 2014
    Excellent software. well designed to aid the Tax preparer. Price is exceptional for the quality of the software. Support is excellent when needed.
  • Aug 3, 2014
    Not sure they support New Mexico Business returns.
    Aug 6, 2014
    How can I rate you positive when you do not support the state I live in. On the web pages you use to promote your professional versions you should state in bold type the states you do not support. It was a waste of my time downloading the main product only to learn that you do not support New Mexico business returns.

From TaxACT

Thank you for your feedback. We have sent an e-mail regarding your concern; please feel free to reply directly to that e-mail for any additional concerns, comments, or questions. We are happy to assist you further.
  • Aug 3, 2014
    I have used TaxAct before for my personal taxes. The business TaxAct is not as robust as the personal. The texas forms were not updated and I am forced to do those by hand. Useless for the state software, I will give a shot one more time before I start looking else where.
  • Aug 1, 2014
    Great software for preparers. Flexible enough for experienced users to just fill forms in lieu of the interview process.
  • May 15, 2014
    Some things were a little difficult to find, but overall the product is good. I recommend it to friends.
    Aug 16, 2014
    It works as advertised, is easy to follow and even though it changes somewhat as it is upgrated every year, it is easy to use.
    I like it
  • Apr 27, 2014
    I have been with TaxAct since 1999, I like the Iowa Service.
    Aug 6, 2014
  • Apr 24, 2014
    My first purchase of TaxACT was in 2000 for the 2001 tax season. I had just retired from the Air Force and was starting my income tax prep business. I have been purchasing from TaxACT ever since. The other tax programs out there SUCK. TaxACT is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have been using TaxACT income tax products since I have been self-employed as an RTRP for the past 14 years. They provide an outstanding product. Thank you!