TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

02/18/2017
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.5 out of 10 from 1288 reviews.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Feb 12, 2017
    I am really disappointed in paying more than double last years prices. I probably will not purchase anything from this vendor next year.
    Feb 18, 2017
    very unhappy with the price increase.
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Quite a price jump for state returns !!
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Feb 18, 2017
    Found a few bugs in the software...was able to work around
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Although I am happy with the service that it provides, the price has double from last year. It seems it shouldn't be as expensive. I always picked TAXACT for its reliability and its affordability.
  • Feb 18, 2017
    The process seems more confusing then in past years.
    Very user friendly
  • Feb 17, 2017
    The price seems high compared to last year. It was $30.00 last year and it went up to $60.00 this year. There is 100% increase in one year.
  • Feb 17, 2017
    The checkout was simple and easy to use.
  • Feb 17, 2017
    i have purchased for the past 10+ years for approx $36 for fed and 2 states and was very pleased....this year it was $95 for Fed and 2 states. I probably won't purchase next year
  • Feb 17, 2017
    I have been using TaxAct for the last 5 years, it works great.
    No comments
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Tax Act is a very good Business product for the dollars spent for the value received. I plan to purchase it every year I am in business.
    i'v done
  • Feb 17, 2017
    There was an incredible price jump this year. I would have pre-ordered, as I have done in previous years, but TaxAct did not send out the email mid-year as they have done in the past. I found multiple complains online from others about the same thing. I feel that this is bad business practice for TaxAct to treat returning customers. I really think that they should provide a credit to me for being a returning customer to offset this huge increase in cost.
  • Feb 17, 2017
    TaxAct software is good software for tax preparation, and although there are other tax prep services that are more economical than taxactl. if they lower they're price at least $20 I may stick with them in the coming tax years
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Price jump means this might be my last your to use TaxAct.
  • Feb 17, 2017
    I've used TaxAct for years and am not happy with the amount of the price increase but trust the program so I will continue to use. Now that I am retired and on a fixed income, prices matter a lot.
  • Feb 17, 2017
    New price was quite a shock, and apparently there are no promotions for the download (read: very expensive!) version, but it's still the best product around.
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Raising price on downloaded product too fast every year.
  • Feb 03, 2017
    I have been happily using TaxAct for years.
    Feb 17, 2017