TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

11/20/2017
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 7.8 out of 10 from 72 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Nov 03, 2017
    Good Product
  • Nov 03, 2017
    The 2017 TaxAct Product was not easily found when I looked under my account.Finally found it - but it was not exactly a quick purchase.
  • Oct 31, 2017
    I am hoping this software will increase the efficiency of preparing Tax returns
  • Oct 31, 2017
    efficient... easy to navigate.. never a problem
  • Oct 25, 2017
    Seems cool
  • Oct 15, 2017
    In the process of downloading prior year demo program.
    Oct 24, 2017
    I am still pondering whether I wish to professionally prepare taxes this season. I am 75 years of age and am considering just leaving the professional to younger folks.
  • Oct 15, 2017
    It is a scheme. Starts as free but halfway through asks for money to continue finishing up. My tax is due tomorrow and had no choice but pay for $75!
    Oct 24, 2017
    This was a ripoff. It started free but had to pay $70 to complete my tax return. Even printing a copy on my own printer was $10 extra. TaxAct should disclose the information before the purchase. Would like to hear if there is a class action suit is going on with TaxAct.
  • Oct 15, 2017
    I like the software but the support I've found is hard to reach and want too many details about you for a basic response. Also do not appreciate, after purchasing a premium product, to be ambushed for another $10 for my Sched C!
    Oct 24, 2017
    TaxAct could be an awesome product with better Customer Service. Chat should be available and no one should ever have to wait 1-2 business days for a response. Remember, people do taxes all year around, not just Jan-April. Also the fact that I had a Premium product, doing 2 tax returns, including one State return. and when I finished my return, I COULD NOT PRINT OR FILE my SCHED C, until I paid an extra $10 - I was truly astounded. I was forced to pay in order to file my return. I am not a professional preparer but an informed preparer.
  • Oct 23, 2017
    Want my agi number trying to see if anyone used me last year
  • Oct 20, 2017
    I love the software. Did have one horrible problem with the MASS DOR payment coupon listed to wrong PO Box.
  • Oct 17, 2017
    All is well but some time it is really hard to understand what taxact talking about. Also, there is a lot room to progress but not sure who to connect.
  • Oct 16, 2017
    Generall fairly easy to use, except when looking for prior years.
  • Oct 16, 2017
    Online product is hard to navigate
  • Oct 16, 2017
    Love TaxAct. I just say there needs to be a link to the pre-order items once logged in to our account and download option. Otherwise everything is flawless.
  • Oct 15, 2017
    Good product & easy to use. Better price than the other popular tax preparation software products. Never had a problem using TaxAct products.
  • Oct 15, 2017
    Your products have become very expensive and are no longer even comparable to your competitors, I will be switching for 2017 taxes. There are no promo codes or discounts for download products.
  • Oct 15, 2017
    There should be an online chat person available. Navigating to what you want is convoluted.
  • Oct 15, 2017
    Great product. I have been using it forever. Would have to check to see when I first used it, maybe 10+ years ago. Have been hooked ever since. Great product. Oh, didn't I already say that?
  • Oct 12, 2017
    This second time I used Tax Act, it was easier to find the years I was looking for, much easier to down load them.
    Oct 15, 2017
    It was easier the second time I purchased your product on line.
  • Oct 14, 2017
    Tax act is quality software at a very affordable price.