TaxACT Reviews

10/19/2014
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 9.1 out of 10 from 153 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

• Sep 1, 2014
    I tried to download the 2013 Pro software for evaluation, but never got to the actual download page!
  • Aug 31, 2014
    First time I ever used your Co. Won't know much more until I finish.
  • Aug 30, 2014
    I normally download taxact so there is no delivery fee
  • Aug 30, 2014
    Excellent price and quality product
  • Aug 28, 2014
    I'm satisfied in using taxact software
  • Aug 28, 2014
    When trouble comes with software or Windows (TM), no help is available from TaxAct. A person has to hope that no help will be needed. But as tax law becomes more complex, I may need to go to a place that has a help desk.
  • Aug 28, 2014
    I used TaxAct until 2001. I then changed to Great Tax because all the states, federal & Efiling was included for one price and I did not have to run multiple tax programs like I did with Taxact then.
    Aug 31, 2014
  • Aug 28, 2014
    I find this to be a great software and would highly recommend
  • Aug 28, 2014
    I have used TaxAct for about 10 years and have found it to be easy to use for both federal and state taxes and accurate. I have high confidence in the product.
  • Aug 28, 2014
    Have been a Taxact user for 6 or 7 years and love the program. It has been a very good tax program for my small accounting practice.
  • Aug 28, 2014
    Like TaxAct however the order and checkout process was confusing. It said that I would be billed at the end of September if I locked in to the order today. I chose to pay by check and it said that directions for that payment would be given . I was then asked for my billing information again. So I'm concerned I may have 2 orders going and still no directions.
  • Aug 28, 2014
    Great software developed by good Iowa folks
  • Aug 27, 2014
    I am on the search for a tax prep program.....thought I'd check your out........ When it got to the check out part of the site......I couldn't tell if the demo had been downloaded or not..........and if so, where was it located
  • Aug 27, 2014
    been using tax act since 2003 always satisfied
  • Aug 25, 2014
    Best affordable tax software in the market. Great for starters like me, that only have less than 100 clients.
  • Aug 23, 2014
    This is one of the best tax prep products around. I have been using TaxAct pretty much from when they first came on the market.
  • Aug 21, 2014
    As always: very good quality, selection, value & price. Website slightly confusting. One website glitch - the "Print" function for the paid receipt created a garbled document.
  • Aug 21, 2014
    I have always been very happy with Tax Act products. Their customer service department is always excellent!
  • Jun 30, 2014
    Sep 1, 2014
    Overall taxact is a good product although there have been occasions when certain forms(especially state and local forms) are not supported. It is best to support as many forms as possible. I also appreciate the reduced-price magazines I get through Bizrate although sometimes you give them and sometimss not.
  • May 18, 2014
    Have used TaxAct for a number of years and have been totally satisfied with their product and service.
    Aug 24, 2014
    Have used TaxACT for a number of years and have found their product and service to be excellent.