TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

02/20/2018
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.6 out of 10 from 1177 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

Feb 12, 2018
    I was not able to e-file with product.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    Sad to see the free downloads cease - don't feel comfortable entering financial data online. I do appreciate that made Tax Act free in the past and still offer a free version online... I know you don't have to. Thanks!
  • Feb 08, 2018
    Tax Act has gone from the original version over 15 years ago to a more costly version. I have used it exclusively.
    Feb 12, 2018
    I answered all the questions asked by the program, but one answer locked up the progress during deductions. After two days of trying to contact TaxAct, I gave up after wasting hours waiting. On a two hour callback, I never received the callback.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    Taxact is an outstanding program and I have used it for about 16 - 18 years and it is getting too expensive for returning customers. I feel where I can verify that I've been a loyal customer for that long that I should get some type of credit!
  • Feb 12, 2018
    I've been using this software since 2003, however they price increase is a little disappointing.
    Price really went UP!
    Feb 12, 2018
    Have tried several times calling, never got through, Was not informed during purchase that the program was not complete yet. Will never purchase again. Paid 50 dollars (Down the drain), I will file for free or pay someone for know on.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    I have been using TaxAct for long time that I choose to continue
  • Feb 12, 2018
    products should only be able to purchased when they are ready. "coming soon" is not a happy replacement for "download"
  • Feb 08, 2018
    Fast, easy and well implement programs
    Feb 12, 2018
    Good site, hard to reach over the phone
  • Feb 12, 2018
    Have used TaxAct software for approximately 10 years. Great product but is becoming a bit pricey after substantial increases the past few years.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    Tax Act has been and will always be my go to Tax Prep program. I can count on TaxAct to always provide up to the minute accuracy for my clients and myself. I've used TaxAct since 2006.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    I have been ordering from Taxact for a very long time, more than 10 years, and this is the first time I have EVER had to pay for a basic edition. I can go to the IRS Website next time and do my taxes. Very disappointing!
    no Comment.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    The Web site, on which I was asked to comment rather than the software itself, is laid out well. It is easy to navigate. Comparisons between products make it easy to find the right product to purchase. The purchase took seconds after logging in. Overall, I'd compare it very favorably to other software purchase transactions.
  • Feb 12, 2018
    TaxAct used to be reasonably priced and straightforward. Now it's expensive and there are hidden expenses like having to upgrade just to have a regular Schedule C. I've been using TaxAct for over 15 years, but 2017 is the last year for which I will ever use TaxAct. I'm done. Goodbye.
  • Feb 03, 2018
    good software to do my taxes, easy to use
    Feb 12, 2018
    I have used this program for filing my taxes for a couple of years with no problems. It is easy to understand. Thanks taxact.will use for next year. I will try to get the program during special offer next time.
    Feb 12, 2018
    My issue was billing and I could not get an answer via phone. I found it was easier to call the credit card company and check on what was billed to the my card then trying to get an answer from your call cener.
    Feb 12, 2018
    Too expensive, 4x what it cost a couple of years ago. Way too greedy for same product!
  • Jan 30, 2018
    Feb 12, 2018
    The price of the download version is higher now, which make me thinking buying software from others.
  • Feb 03, 2018
    Easy to use tax program. Like it very much.
    Feb 12, 2018
    Waited 47 minutes and after telling her what I needed she said she could not help me that she was going to transfer me to the product support people. I was on hold for another 29 minutes and then hung up. Very poor customer service!