TaxACT Reviews

12/26/2014
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 9.0 out of 10 from 303 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

Very good shopping experience
    easy to use
  • Nov 30, 2014
    I go through this problem every year and some year I will switch to some other tax program because of it. I never know for sure that I am getting the download that I want. I never know where it is so that I can install it. When I ask it to give me a shortcut it does not do so. I have to look through everything on my computer to see if I really did get the download and if it is installed or not. I think TaxACT needs to have some users check their download instructions so we can figure them out.
  • Nov 30, 2014
    Nice to have a discount offered but there are also way too many emails mid-year just reminding us to buy TaxAct for year end tax prep. It's a one time a year purchase so don't need the contant reminders unless there is discount offered. So thank you for the discount.
  • Nov 30, 2014
    I have been using it for years.
  • Nov 30, 2014
    Each year it just works. Thank you.
  • Nov 30, 2014
    I have been using TaxAct for about ten years or more and I'm wholly satisfied.
  • Nov 30, 2014
    it's a great product. I use it every year.
  • Nov 30, 2014
    Used this software for years and really like it
  • Nov 30, 2014
    I have used the product for years both the online product and CD/Rom. Makes tax preparation and estimating next years payments straightforward and detailed. Love the product!
  • Nov 29, 2014
    Note: Most of the questions in this survey aren't applicable to buying tax software from TaxACT.
  • Nov 29, 2014
    Tax Act has been my preferred method of doing my income taxes for years and I plan to keep using it. I find it easy to use and to import from previous year.
  • Nov 29, 2014
    Difficult purchase experience. Couldn't connect to website using the email link. Tried to purchase using iPhone but website is not made for mobile purchasing by any stretch of the imagination. Finally on about the 4th or 5th attempt was able to reach website on my PC and then finagled my purchase. Not very user friendly. I have been using TaxAct since about 2002 and software is getting worse all the time. Don't like the new sparse look of the software. Very hard on the eyes with all the white space, no depth or distinguishing features makes the software look chinzy.
  • Nov 29, 2014
    The checkout process got into a loop. Every time I went to the cart, the site logged me off. I would log on and lose the cart, go to the cart, have to sign back in, etc.
  • Nov 29, 2014
    Have used since day one of TaxAct. Safe, reliable and esy to use.
    Best Tax software I have found
  • Nov 28, 2014
    TaxAct seems like a high quality product and a good value. The check-out could be made a little easier. For example simple things like showing the Credit Card number broken-up int 4-digit chuncks (rather than 1 long number) would make it easier to check that you entered all the individual numbers correctly.
  • Nov 28, 2014
    TaxACT makes it easy to file with a quickly processed return. Have used it 3 years since recommended by my son.