TaxAct Reviews

02/11/2016
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.4 out of 10 from 1673 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Feb 7, 2016
    I've been using TaxACT for years, love it!
  • Feb 7, 2016
    Have been using TaxAct for many years now.
  • Feb 7, 2016
    Been using TaxAct for years, very convenient product. Just wish the email order was easier when I receive them to link through the iPhone
    easy and quick
  • Feb 7, 2016
    I have been very happy with their software since 2008. The interface was not complicated and price was excellent.
  • Feb 7, 2016
    I'VE BEEN USING TAX ACT FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF SUCESS.
  • Feb 7, 2016
    Good overall program that is easy to follow and easy to save. I have used the program for years without any issues. Would recommend the product to others who are looking for a way to file taxes without paying somebody else to do them for you.
  • Feb 6, 2016
    Very frustrating. It gives me a username that does not work and when click on the "Do you want to get your username/password by email?" It does not go to a place that allows me to request my username or password
  • Feb 6, 2016
    I've been using tax act for many years. Same price all along until this year. Wow they doubled the price! That is hard to swallow. Now that I know it is so expensive I'll spend some time looking for their competitor who is affordable. I can't believe they charged me $10 for a simple Schedule C form.
  • Feb 3, 2016
    I have used this tax company for many years and now it takes me a half a day to log in a just purchase the tax program. I do not understand why and I guess from now on I will just print out the forms and fill them out my self and send them in by the old fashion way with a postage stamp. I can just imagine how much trouble I will have filing my taxes on this now.
  • Feb 3, 2016
    This has to be the dumbest site I have ever tried to use. It has taken over 1hr to finally get to where I could d/l the product. If I have to go through this next year I will NOT NOT NOT use this again. I ts funny thing that when something is not broken why fix it.........But don not worry, I will NOT NOT recommend this to anyone.
    Feb 7, 2016
    the new site sucks. hard to get around when you are trying to d/l to computer. it seems I always go to the on line version which I did not want.
  • Feb 3, 2016
    difficult to sign if need to reset password.I reset 3 times and got invalid or not recognized .Phone help numbers are useless as I got busy for over 6 hours.I have used tax act for years and am very disapointed.This was all because I lost my paper work from last year
    Feb 7, 2016
    tried for two days to get phone help and lines were busy.would try to get user and password changed and would get "changed and when trying to sign in would get don't recognize .This is very frustrating
    Feb 7, 2016
    I have used it for years and it never fails.
  • Jan 29, 2016
    I consider TaxACT to be a very good investment in what I need to prepare taxes for my clients.
    Feb 7, 2016
    I find that TaxAct is very good in both entering and getting results. It is very user friendly to me. The only thing I did find was that there is too much light blue print in the program . I am 76 and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Outside of that I find the program very easy to use.
  • Jan 29, 2016
    I have used this product for nearly ten years now and I highly recommend it.
  • Jan 28, 2016
    I've been using taxact for at least 10 years. I have always been pleased with the ease of filing. It couldn't be any easier! And I'm thrilled to be able to purchase the 'Plus' bundle this year!
    Feb 7, 2016
    I am a returning customer and have been using TaxACT for years. When my extended family heard me talking about how easy it is to use they also began to purchase it each year. What impresses me most this year is the 'plus' package option. With 5 free federal e-files it is totally worth the price! I will continue using TaxACT each year for as long as it is available. It is reliable and accurate. Even those who are filing for the first time can do it easily with TaxACT's simple series of questions. I have always been pleased with the program and how quickly my refund comes after filing electronically. TaxACT ROCKS!
  • Dec 30, 2015
    Needs easier / quicker over ride for form data entry.