TaxACT Reviews

05/04/2015
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 8.7 out of 10 from 1405 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

• Apr 13, 2015
    I have used TaxACT for several years now and they have improved each year.
  • Apr 13, 2015
    I have used TaxAct for several years and am very satisfied.
  • Apr 13, 2015
    I love the ease of the software and the purchasing process is usually so simple.
  • Apr 13, 2015
    Used Turbo Tax for many years. It is very hard to use. Took long time to complete forms. I switched to H&R Block 3 years ago and it was easier to use. This was the first year I have used Tax Act and my personal return was intuitive and extremely easy to use so I bought. the corporate software and it also works very well. I will have both returns completed by April 1 which is great since I started April 13 and I thought I would have to fiole extensions.
    like using it
  • Apr 12, 2015
    Thank you. I've used this tool for years, and I LOVE it. Thank you for continuing to be great!
  • Apr 12, 2015
    Have been a customer for over 10 years. All order confirmations have account number on it, but not your account name. When asked to sign in, it asked for account name. I did not know what my account name is, and I requested the "forgot account name" to receive email. Because it was after hours on a Sunday (3 days before tax deadline), never received an email stating what my account name was. I put in my account number, and it worked. Why doesn't the sign in field say account name OR Number.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    I could not find what I wanted on the website at first and had to close it down and look again.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    Highly rated. First time to try the software. Billing and downloading was straightforward. It actually took a minute to find where you could buy the software, instead of just filing the free return.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    I liked last year's format better
  • Apr 12, 2015
    I have been using this product for the last twenty years or so, both personal and business. It is easy to use and I do other people's taxes from time to time. I tried something else once, but did not like it a all. This one keeps my prior years for comparison purposes and makes sure I am not forgetting any deductions.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    Somehow I could not check out by Chrome browser with "Shopping Cart Empty" error, which wasted me at least 30 minutes until I changed to IE browser. Hope I will not have this problem next time.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    1. TaxAct did not put in much considerations of extensions and filing late returns. For those filing extensions, the most import is to get a gross estimate of major incomes/earnings, then get the gross tax estimate, such that all required TAXes are paid to IRS. Then the delay filing is to get the details of deductions, etc. to get some refunds back. I don't want to owe IRS money, when I file my delated returns. That would be very problematics: late fees, penalties & interests. But as for now, one almost have to walk through the whole program/TaxAct to get a gross estimate, and then I have to do a rough estimate taxes for next year on my own. I think, there is an approach that one can input all the earnings, potential deductions, & get an estimate Tax with listing of potential deductions, then pause/exit/go-on to file an extension. Then one can come back weeks/months later, and finishes the rest of details of all the deductions, etc. & finalize the tax return. 2. Shipping, mailing, and billing address does not have options of same or different (auto-populated if same, fill-in if different address). 3. Also the pricing has jumped almost 50%, now with tax (used to be no-tax for download).
  • Apr 12, 2015
    This is the 3rd year that I've used TaxAct. I did my own taxes for 2012 - after years of using an accountant for this service. I was extremely proud of myself and ).
  • Apr 12, 2015
    My preferred tax program. Relatively easy to use and reasonably priced.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    TaxAct is an easy to use accurate system for filing income taxes. I have used their service for over ten years and have been completely satisfied with their product.
  • Apr 12, 2015
    I used the product last year, and it was both easy and effective. I have confidence that I got close to my maximum refund, and know that it will be just as easy, if not more so, to use it this tax season.
    will comment after use
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Apr 13, 2015
    Had to wait untill the last moment to find a lower price through an online offer (EVERYBODY hates having to "pay", to pay Taxes)