TaxACT Reviews

05/04/2015
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 8.7 out of 10 from 1405 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

• Apr 10, 2015
    User for 7 years... still going
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Only thing that was annoying was the need to log in multiple times. Had to log in with cust ID and password 3 times during the process. Ideally once we log in we should not have to log in again to enter credit card info and then again to download the software.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    TaxAct is simple to use, and works very well for me.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    The more confusing things get, not just in new tax laws, but because I am on a new med that makes my brain less reliable, the more I need TaxAct to help me safely - and simply - navigate the system and feel confident when submitting to the IRS. I really like this company's products!
  • Apr 9, 2015
    The Chat option was hard to find, maybe that was on purpose, but would be nice to have it in plain view.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Easy to use and helps you get through some difficult filings.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Could work on user friendliness, like turbo tax better on that perspective could use more help and hints, direct link to intructionshelp form would be greatly appreciated
  • Apr 9, 2015
    failed credit card purchase should not require completly re-entering your info. Only the credit card info should be re-entered
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Good program, but it could be better
  • Apr 9, 2015
    the price goes up every year. will seek a cheaper alternative next year.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    I have happily used Tax Act for many years and plan to use it many more.
  • Apr 8, 2015
    So Far this product is best out there.
  • Apr 8, 2015
    Every year we have issues with your software....mostly the id does not work or you have never heard of us. You product makes me sick! We plan to find another product. Another thing....I spent $21.99 and d/l'd T/A including WI, but now you want another $15.00 for state.
  • Apr 8, 2015
    I have used it for years, very satisfied.
  • Apr 8, 2015
    Well-designed software, easy to access and use.
  • Apr 6, 2015
    1. Unless I missed it, I would like to be able to import tax info directly from source. 2. After inputting personal info, I would like to be initially prompted for what tax forms I received. This way I don't skip a form and then have to back track to fill it out.
    Apr 9, 2015
  • Apr 4, 2015
    Great so far!
    Apr 9, 2015
    Was great!
  • Mar 30, 2015
    I have been using tax act for over 5 years now without any problems
    Apr 8, 2015
    I ordered tax act for this years taxes 2014 and the one down loaded to me was 2013 and I can't do my taxes with an old program. now they said they would get back to me in one or two days so I still can't do my taxes