TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

02/24/2018
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.5 out of 10 from 1164 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

Feb 08, 2018
    Price of the product seems to be increasing each year.
    great
  • Feb 08, 2018
    I have used Taxact to prepare my taxes for many years, and I will continue to use it as long as I have the need to prepare taxes. Taxact is the best.
  • Feb 04, 2018
    I love the easy system provided by TaxAct allowing me to fill in forms directly or go through Q&A. Have been using them since 2006! My go to software since I had a small practice to thriving business. Thank you!
  • Feb 08, 2018
    I like the product, but the price is increasing at a rate that this will be my last order.
  • Feb 08, 2018
    very easy to use,good price for all items
  • Feb 04, 2018
    Downloaded the product, but was unable to access the program. It did not show in the Taxact 2017 Professional Edition I have and no guidance was given as to how to download it.
    Feb 08, 2018
    The first time I contacted customer support it took over 45 minutes to speak with someone. Once I did it was obvious that the supported was more interested in blaming me for not being able to download the product. I was entirely dissatisfied with his service. I later was able to successfully download the product and the second time I called Customer Support I spoke with someone who actually helped me access the program. But the first contact colored everything that happened after.
  • Feb 08, 2018
    Getting signed on is a pain in the ass
  • Feb 04, 2018
    Been with you since the early days, don't see any reason to change
  • Feb 04, 2018
    I have noticed a dramatic increase in prices since TaxAct was acquired. However, I find the accuracy of the product exceptional.
  • Feb 08, 2018
    I was surprised at the price increase this year but after checking out other programs the price was in line.
  • Feb 04, 2018
    easy to use with easy to follow instructions
    too much of an increase over 2016
    Feb 08, 2018
    huge price increase from previous year and no offers for early order lower prices.
  • Feb 08, 2018
    You have made it more difficult to obtain a downloadable program, basically I had to search a few drop down tabs to find it!! This not preferable to me. I was a professional tax preparer, and used the Tax Act Pro edition of your software for several years. I still help family members prepare there returns gratis. In addition to this you have employed several unique ways to increase your prices, I see no need to be quite that deceptive!
  • Jan 28, 2018
    I've been a TaxAct customer for many years now and have never been disappointed with the product. Easy to use and understand and the filing process is a breeze.
  • Feb 03, 2018
    Finding the products I need was very difficult. Also last two years prices were increased quite a lot
    Feb 07, 2018
  • Feb 07, 2018
    I think I bough download version but can't download
  • Feb 07, 2018
    I had a hard time purchasing. It kept giving me different prices for same item and I tried to purchase yesterday and never could complete the transaction. Then when I would go back to try again it would be a different price. Very frustrating.
  • Feb 07, 2018
    I have used TaxAct for many years, and have always received offers from them months before the end of the year, to get a special rate. Never received one this past year.
  • Feb 07, 2018
    I have used Tax Act for Years after trying others.