TaxAct Reviews

06/25/2016
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.0 out of 10 from 551 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Apr 13, 2016
    what was once free is no longer....last year using taxact as there are other free options out there.
  • Apr 13, 2016
    reliable, relatively easy to use.
  • Apr 13, 2016
    price increase of 150% from $12.99 to $29.99 is ridiculous, will be switching next year
    I like this product
  • Apr 12, 2016
    I've used Taxact for several years.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    I received discount email but when I purchased it there was no discount option during purchasing. So I paid the full price.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    I did not like this version. I like previous better, this version was confusing and scattered. I have to look for what I need and it was not your best.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    Long-time user - TaxAct continues to be an easy-to-use and effective product!
  • Apr 12, 2016
    I wish my card information was saved to my account so I did not have to type it in constantly
  • Apr 12, 2016
    Great program use it every year.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    Too many questions at the very beginning of purchase. I was in a hurry to download, not answer so many questions.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    We went through a major computer issue and had a lot of assistance from TaxAct to get our issues resolved with our tax records. Service was prompt and helpful and very patient. Thank you!
  • Apr 9, 2016
    Great value when compared to TurboTax. Simple to understand process.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Purchase experience was confusion and it was taking all the time online return where I wanted to buy my desktop download
    Apr 12, 2016
    I filled out the tax--survey keeps crashing
  • Apr 8, 2016
    A real price jump this year and a change in names makes it hard to verify what you are buying and why you are paying more. Would also think there would be discounts simply based on number of years ordered product from same place versus when it is ordered. With new pricing will definitely shop around a bit next year.
    Apr 12, 2016
    Numbers seem off this year so I am going to look at others now I think. I am also not sure about the new version or the new pricing.
  • Apr 5, 2016
    I have used taxact since 2008 and am very pleased at how easy it was to do my taxes
    Apr 13, 2016
    I use it every year to do my taxes and am very pleased with it