TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

02/22/2018
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.6 out of 10 from 1155 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Feb 05, 2018
    I found the price of the product much, much higher than last year and almost made me go to a competitor.
  • Feb 05, 2018
    TaxAct is good product but the price keep increasing every year.
  • Nov 27, 2017
    The product as tax preparation software is pretty good, but the security put into effect before you can use it each time is nightmarish!!!!!!!!!!!!! After you enter your user name and password (which must be changed regularly although you are not aware of that your old password is no longer valid, until you find out your old one does not work). Once you have gone through all of the bullshit changing the password and are ready to use the product, you are often asked to enter a verification code which is sent by e-mail which can take a while to receive, which wastes your time. If Tax Act doesn't wake up they will lose all of their customers. What was once a good product to use has become a nightmare. Why am I still using it you might ask, well it has unique features for CPA's like myself who only do tax returns and not "write up" work. I will be looking at other alternatives for next year.
  • Feb 05, 2018
    great product! I have been using tax act for plus 10 years.
  • Feb 05, 2018
    Order products page should have a link to state programs. This keeps customers from having to do the same thing twice
  • Jan 27, 2018
    Feb 05, 2018
    I continue to use TaxAct because I do not like Turbo Tax but I am unhappy about the price hike this year (approximately 45% over last year)
    You are great
  • Feb 05, 2018
    I don't like that Tax Act do not allow to dawn load 2 business tax 1065 on one computer. I have 2 different businesses and I have to use 2 different computers to prepare their taxes. Will be great if I will be able to prepare both taxes on the same computer.
  • Jan 18, 2018
    Easy access; very good support; has worked well for my practice for many years
  • Feb 01, 2018
    Have used TaxAct before and like it.
  • Jan 31, 2018
    is an easily navigated site and program that I've used for many years.I appreciate its look,helps and everything about it. Look forward to what it has to offer all this season.
  • Feb 04, 2018
    The price increased from $15.00 to $50.00!
  • Feb 04, 2018
    I purchased this pogram for 62 bucks as a premium and in order to continue I have upgrade-have used this program for 12 years-this is the last time I will use it. I will also tell others of my disappointment.
  • Feb 04, 2018
    Not happy about price increase might have to shop next year for a lower cost
  • Dec 20, 2017
    Feb 04, 2018
    TaxAct does not treat canceled credit card debt correctly for the state of Pennsylvsnia . PA does not tax credit card canceled debt but the program does ... I can’t find out how to correct this .
  • Feb 04, 2018
    The price is getting high enough so I may not buy the product next year
    None
  • Jan 26, 2018
    Feb 04, 2018
    The software used to be a better value. It has become a bit pricey.
  • Feb 04, 2018
    I bought TaxAct Plus and it locked up so that I had to order an add on for Freelancer. I could not go forward until I added that for $15. Last year, I had no problem with Plus and did not have this issue. What a crock of you know what. If I go in and change the forms my self, it won't let me electronically get my refund.
  • Feb 04, 2018
    I think it's ridiculous how I had to pay $25 more this year than I did last year. I had to file a Schedule C last year for my $3000k MISC income from a side job. I'll be looking elsewhere next year.