TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

01/21/2018
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.9 out of 10 from 688 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Jan 02, 2018
    TaxAct is an excellent product, which I have used for the past 15 years. I must have missed reminder to repurchase this year, so I had to pay full price, which disappoints me, but it is my fault.
  • Jan 02, 2018
    Very good customer support for any issues with software.Was hoping to get discounts for being a return customer.
  • Jan 02, 2018
    I can't completely express how satisfied I am for TaxAct! I've been using TaxAct since 2003 and I love it. This is a very, very straightforward software that has always allowed me to maximize my returns. I wish you the best of luck in your success, which in a long run is part of my own success. Thanks a lot!
    Works well for my needs
    good programs
  • Jan 01, 2018
    Love the program used it for 5 years now.
  • Jan 01, 2018
    Taxact technical support is not that helpful and not easy to communicate with.
  • Jan 01, 2018
    Have been a customer for many years. Only disappointment was that there was no discount on the package i get every year. Getting too expensive :(
  • Jan 01, 2018
    the price of the software has gotten a lot more expensive since I first started using TaxAct.
  • Jan 01, 2018
    Great program for tax related work.
    The best Tax Program.
  • Jan 01, 2018
    I love your software and have been using it since you were Personal TaxEdge. I prefer to do my taxes offline but like ordering and submitting returns online. I was kind of confused when ordering by the default selection being for online return prep. It took about three times before I saw a button giving me a choice between online and download. You might check into that.
  • Nov 18, 2017
    Jan 01, 2018
    Told them of error on pa tax. Said would fix it next year. Have not done so.
  • Dec 31, 2017
    I have used Tax Act for over 15 years for personal and business purposes.
  • Dec 31, 2017
    I purchase taxact every yeAR. rELIABLE product
    The price is high
  • Dec 31, 2017
    On the checkout page, apparently a phone number is not OPTIONAL. One has to be entered or an error message comes up. If required, fine, just clearly ask for it.
  • Sep 27, 2017
    Dec 31, 2017
    Been using TaxAct since 2001...great product! Easy to use and accurate. So glad TaxAct makers listened to it's patrons, especially the professionals.
  • Dec 31, 2017
    Have used it regularly for the past 5 years. Am noticing that the price has been increasing exponentially in the past few years. Although have been happy with the software, price increases do encourage shopping around for a better deal.
  • Dec 31, 2017
    discount code for repeat customers would be niceThe price is creeping up year after year, to the point of maybe looking for a new product