TaxACT Reviews

06/01/2015
TaxACT Ratings and User Reviews. TaxACT is rated 8.6 out of 10 from 880 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxACT

2009 Winner

TaxACT Rating

More About TaxACT

Recent Reviews for TaxACT

• Apr 10, 2015
    I have used Tax Act for several years and I like it.
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Tired of being upsaled. TaxACT was listed at a price or $14.99 then come to find out later I needed the Deluxe version for BASIC things like deductions. Next came the $21.99 FEE to take the E-file charges from my tax return, bit of a rip off. W2 information was harder to enter than on Turbo Tax, ID verification for E-file was difficult because the asked for my DL issue date, it didn't exist, spent 30 minutes trying to determine it. After e-file, the program never verified my CA acceptance yet I got a text and email verification, go figure. Had to enter all my previous tax year (Turbo Tax) into by hand, too time consuming. Can't you import Turbo Tax or the PDF copy of my previous year's tax info?This would make it less intimidating. There needs to be more help buttons next to information you are requesting to help out the user. Will most likely use Turbo Tax next year.
  • Apr 10, 2015
    great product, online I waited for shoping cart to load for a few minutes each time, had trouble with online interface ordering the software, wanted to give up it was so slow and frusterating
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Good company, accurate software. Been using them since the mid-90's when they were "ShareTax"
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Since finding TaxAct several years ago, I haven't used any other Tax program. I even got my extremely busy brother-in-law to switch from the tax program he'd used for 15 yrs to TaxAct and he's a very sought after private practice CPA in Oregon. He now prefers TaxAct for himself and his clients. Your Welcome TaxAct.
  • Apr 10, 2015
    Been using TaxAct for about 15 years. Usual works without any trouble and is easy to use. It has also gotten much better over the years
  • Apr 10, 2015
    It's the only tax filing program I will use.
    User for 7 years... still going
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Only thing that was annoying was the need to log in multiple times. Had to log in with cust ID and password 3 times during the process. Ideally once we log in we should not have to log in again to enter credit card info and then again to download the software.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    TaxAct is simple to use, and works very well for me.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    The more confusing things get, not just in new tax laws, but because I am on a new med that makes my brain less reliable, the more I need TaxAct to help me safely - and simply - navigate the system and feel confident when submitting to the IRS. I really like this company's products!
  • Apr 9, 2015
    The Chat option was hard to find, maybe that was on purpose, but would be nice to have it in plain view.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Easy to use and helps you get through some difficult filings.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Could work on user friendliness, like turbo tax better on that perspective could use more help and hints, direct link to intructionshelp form would be greatly appreciated
  • Apr 9, 2015
    failed credit card purchase should not require completly re-entering your info. Only the credit card info should be re-entered
  • Apr 9, 2015
    Good program, but it could be better
  • Apr 9, 2015
    the price goes up every year. will seek a cheaper alternative next year.
  • Apr 9, 2015
    I have happily used Tax Act for many years and plan to use it many more.
  • Apr 6, 2015
    1. Unless I missed it, I would like to be able to import tax info directly from source. 2. After inputting personal info, I would like to be initially prompted for what tax forms I received. This way I don't skip a form and then have to back track to fill it out.
    Apr 9, 2015