TaxAct Reviews

02/09/2016
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.4 out of 10 from 1624 reviews.
TaxACT, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxACT provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Jan 30, 2016
    I have been using Tax Act for many years, and have always found it to be accurate and helpful.
    easy to use
  • Jan 30, 2016
    Got an email advertising a $20 discount. There was no discount code. Promotion code didn't work. Email to support wasn't answered in two days. Had to pay the extra $20 because I needed the product right away.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    TaxACT is a great product I have been using for years
    I like the program
  • Jan 30, 2016
    Very user friendly software for small practices
  • Jan 30, 2016
    I like Taxact, It has always worked well!
  • Jan 30, 2016
    Don't like that TaxAct Deluxe was discontinued, making it more difficult to identify which new version I needed.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    TaxACT is an excellent product I have used for the last three years with outstanding results. Very stable reliable tax application.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    Used Tax Act for over 15 years great program for doing taxes. Tried those others went back to Tax Act.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    Only issue I had was error problem downloading product.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    I Have been with you since 2008, And very year it is very hard to get on line. Or the account is not known. this is up-sitting.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    I've been using it since 1999 and I love it.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    I wish the free version would let you import from last years data. The prices have increased, but the number of free fed. files is up, and I like the 1 free state file, except that I am doing taxes for a friend who lives in a different state, so I couldn't decide which state to choose. I wish that if you have multiple state residency, and order the Plus edition, you could get the other state free. The certificate error upon download is annoying and sort of disturbing, do they not have valid certificates?
  • Jan 26, 2016
    Jan 30, 2016
    I have used tax for over years, always satisfied.
  • Jan 26, 2016
    I cannot get Kansas to download
    Jan 30, 2016
    I have used TaxAct for more than 10 years & would use nothing else.
  • Jan 24, 2016
    Jan 30, 2016
    only had problems installing after purchasing with the new windows 10 application. after getting info from customer service was able to resolve the issue and install my software
  • Jan 21, 2016
    Jan 30, 2016
    I have been a user / customer of your software since 2002. I was very much satisfied with the total package at that time and have never changed my mind since. I will continue to use TaxACT every year until I such time that I don't have to file a return.
  • Jan 16, 2016
    Jan 30, 2016
    I wanted to move up to the Professional Edition. Unfortunately after purchasing the download, since it's not available online like I have been using for years, I found out that I couldn't install on my MAC. After instilling on my old PC, I found out I needed a FTIN & a EPIN #s from IRS-which only come by mail. I would have really preferred being advice BEFORE spending almost $300 on the software. I would have requested those #s in Dec. instead of being way behind now on 01/30/16!