TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

04/22/2017
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.1 out of 10 from 1405 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Mar 19, 2017
    Taxact is a very consistent tools to use year after year. I'm only interested in getting my taxes done, not learning how to do it. The guide the process well, but still offer to have good tax help as you go along.
    its necessary
  • Mar 19, 2017
    tax act a great software!
  • Mar 08, 2017
    the price has gone up so much I guess w should go to a tax office from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mar 19, 2017
    Had to call and call to try to get help finely had to get my grandson try to do it a different way
  • Mar 03, 2017
    Mar 19, 2017
    The continued increase in costs my cause me to evaluate other products and services for basic tax filing.
    Call or e mail me
  • Mar 19, 2017
    I paid #39.99 for the same package in 2015 versus $70 in 2016. Will be moving away from TaxAct as the price is now very similar to H&R Block
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Checking out was very difficult. I entered my customerID and password from last year, but couldn't access my account. I tried resetting my password three times. First time a pop-up message said I could not use special characters. Second time, I made it smaller, but apparently it was too small (6 characters), but I never received any message that it needed to be longer. Third time, I used my email address and finally got to a page with a checklist of many characteristics for the password, including that it must include a special character! PLEASE make this easier next year! I have written down the password and I sure hope it works the first time next year. Otherwise, checking out was relatively easy.
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Easy to order and download.
    It's OK
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Prices for download products were raised dramatically!
  • Mar 18, 2017
    referred family to site, had problems with filing. Sch E kept filing wrong, problem with UPE ??? can't find reason for it. FORM needed IS SCH F as we are farmers!!!! Helping to correct this problem and input correct loss on Sch E with expense on Sch F. VA refinance agent can't understand UPE and neither can I, if Sch F is used
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Prices for downloadable tax returns have doubled since last year which is not great.But i like the product and will buy it unless there are more increases.
  • Mar 09, 2017
    Like the product the only problem I had with with using TaxAct was that my CustomerID and Password was apparently marked to be updated, but the error message that I was getting just indicated that Iwasn't remembering them correctly. It took me a whiile to figure out that I needed to change both my CustermerID/Username and Password because the error message wasn't telling me I needed to change both.
    Mar 18, 2017
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Prices certainly have jumped up!
    Price upcharging is offensive
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Getting too expensive over past years!
  • Mar 18, 2017
    Great product, Easy to use.
  • Mar 18, 2017
    A little disappointed that the price has more than doubled...
  • Mar 17, 2017
    TaxAct has been an accurate and complete software package and service. Simple to use and walks you through any scenario.