TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

12/14/2017
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 8.2 out of 10 from 278 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Dec 08, 2017
    I have had taxact for almost 10 years the only one I reccommend
  • Dec 08, 2017
    I like the program and chose it because it was less expensive than TurboTax. Customer service is much better than other tax programs I have used.
  • Dec 07, 2017
    Please do not charge additional charges for printing return , it not right.
  • Sep 28, 2017
    excellent product.Would prefer Apple OS system version.
    Dec 07, 2017
    I have been satisfied with TaxAct for year.
  • Dec 03, 2017
    Been a customer for 10+ years. Would move to the cloud if I could move ALL years rather than just one year.
  • Dec 02, 2017
    I have used TaxAct software for several years and love the product, but this year was the worst experience in trying to find the product I desired. I got the Basic but I am not sure if it is the one I actually need. Also, there is no information on when and where the state tax package can be ordered. In the past I was able to complete the purchase for both even though the state package was not available until later.
  • Mar 09, 2017
    Quite a leap in price. Your plus is higher than Turbo Tax Deluxe. Navigating the site has become much more difficult.Product wasn't available in any stores this year. This is the first year I've had negative comments in more than ten years I've used your product.
    Dec 02, 2017
    EASE OF USE!
  • Dec 01, 2017
    You are getting pricey. This not the same value that I had been getting for many years.
  • Dec 01, 2017
    Love the product, but wish they would have the product by mid November for estimating.
  • Nov 30, 2017
    Not very friendly anymore for return users. Signed into my account and found no way to order 2017 tax package. TaxAct management needs to pay more attention to its customer base.
  • Nov 21, 2017
    Nov 30, 2017
    I have used TaxAct for many years and have never had any issues that couldn’t be answered with a quick phone call.
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Good software for the price. Very few bugs.
  • Nov 28, 2017
    Very satisfied with this product for the last 4 years or so I have used it.
  • Nov 28, 2017
    Good product, easy to use, I recommend TaxAct, but the price doubling in recent may push else where next year.Lame survey questions that clearly were not written around the TaxAct product.
    FOR PROFESSIONALS THE TELEPHONE SERVICE IS VERY POOR
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Price has risen sharply and quickly. Be carefull, There is someone out there about to introduce a much cheaper competing product.
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Price is getting ridiculous and going to start shopping around. A few years ago I was paying under $10. Then it went up another $10 and then another $10 and now I am at $43.40. Going to look at other options and may still cancel order.
  • Nov 27, 2017
    I had difficulty signing in using my prior username and password. Finally after several attempts I did get it done.
  • Nov 27, 2017
    The product as tax preparation software is pretty good, but the security put into effect before you can use it each time is nightmarish!!!!!!!!!!!!! After you enter your user name and password (which must be changed regularly although you are not aware of that your old password is no longer valid, until you find out your old one does not work). Once you have gone through all of the bullshit changing the password and are ready to use the product, you are often asked to enter a verification code which is sent by e-mail which can take a while to receive, which wastes your time. If Tax Act doesn't wake up they will lose all of their customers. What was once a good product to use has become a nightmare. Why am I still using it you might ask, well it has unique features for CPA's like myself who only do tax returns and not "write up" work. I will be looking at other alternatives for next year.
  • Nov 27, 2017
    I was supposed to get 30% off by pre-ordering, but I'm pretty sure the price of $62.00 did not reflect this bonus. Very disappointed/irritated.