TaxAct Reviews and Store Ratings | Bizrate

TaxAct Reviews

05/28/2017
TaxAct Ratings and User Reviews. TaxAct is rated 7.9 out of 10 from 717 reviews.
TaxAct, a privately held development and marketing company that was founded in 1998, specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services. TaxAct provides its users the highest degree of accuracy and completeness and is designed by in-house programmers, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants.
Circle of Excellence - TaxAct

2009 Winner

TaxAct Rating

More About TaxAct

Recent Reviews for TaxAct

• Apr 18, 2017
    it was a huge jump in price why ?
  • Apr 17, 2017
    I use to buy TaxAct for 10 to 12 dollars. Now the price is $75. It looks like TaxAct gets you hooked at a cheap price and then jacks it up thinking people wont switch - not cool!
  • Apr 17, 2017
    I am dismayed at the huge price increase over last year (and the year before). It has more than doubled. I switched to tax act because the price was good and I did not like how Intuit handled their product/pricing changes in 2014. While Tax Act was more transparent in their pricing, the huge increase does provide incentives to look at alternatives should pricing remain at current levels.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    Overpriced, no merge of info available.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    I feel confident that Taxact is more flexible and advantageous than Turbotax, I'm happy with more control over the input and the transparency of the program; the cost has stayed within a fair range for me.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    Very happy with this product. preparing my taxes was very thorough and easy to do. Ordering is easy too.
    Nothing at this time
  • Apr 17, 2017
    DRASTIC PRICE INCREASE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS WAS NOT EXPECTED!
  • Apr 17, 2017
    Do not like the price I had to pay this year for tax act. I will be going to something new next year.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    I have been using Taxact since about the inception of Taxact. But, since last year I have seen how your prices have escalated exponentially. This is getting me ready to use Karma Credit Tax next year.
    all good
  • Apr 17, 2017
    Not worth it. $5 to import? That used to be free. I've used Tax Act for close to 10 years, I'll take my business elsewhere next taxt time.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    For whatever reason this years version was hard to navigate - and I have used this product for most of the past 10 years.Also didn't appreciate having to spend extra $ to unlock a simple Schedule C
  • Apr 17, 2017
    Its great I am able to help my chidren brothers and sisters with their taxes regardless of what state they resides.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    I've used Tax Act since 2006 I've been satisfied. This year the filing charges are crazy (priced high) and I am unable to download my copy of my 2015 ad 2016, but I was charged for them. This part is unsatisfactory. I am still with you Tax Act. Tax Act gets an overall 10. I just want my 2015 and 2016 Tax Act flag on my main menu to guarantee I have the download. Please contact me...Text is better.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    The price is fair and it is user friendly. I purchase all my tax products from TaxAct. I also like that I can download at the time of purchase and not only available on CD-rom
  • Apr 08, 2017
    I think the price has increased beyond what it should.
    Apr 17, 2017
    I was disappointed in the price increase this year. I was also disappointed to find that state filing was not included with upgrade.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    been using tax act for about 10-15 years, retirement and 401k had to use the plus version ,was pure hell to buy the plus version keep on sending me to sign in page and could never get the codes to sign in. sure would be nice if from the program on the computer that say buy the plus version it will take you there, never had a problem before till today,and forget about calling the phone number. out of order.
  • Apr 17, 2017
    Price has TRIPLED since last year. Bye Bye, TaxACT Never Again.
  • Apr 13, 2017
    It was a bit disingenuous to boast your product was $25+ cheaper than H&R when yours did not include the state download with it (their product only charged more for the state if filing electronically).
    Apr 17, 2017