Van Dyke's Restorers Reviews

02/06/2016
Van Dyke's Restorers Ratings and User Reviews. Van Dyke's Restorers is rated 8.4 out of 10 from 907 reviews. Last rated on 02/05/2016.

Van Dyke's Restorers Rating

More About Van Dyke's Restorers

Recent Reviews for Van Dyke's Restorers

• Feb 5, 2016
    Usually have specialty items, have shared web site with others looking for special items. Been very successful in finding supplies. Pricing is reasonable.
  • Feb 5, 2016
    If a discount is advertised it should apply to 1 or all items in the cart. It is ridiculous that I would have to place multiple orders with added shipping charges.
  • Feb 5, 2016
    The website is difficult to use.
  • Feb 5, 2016
    Shipping charges were very high for such a small item
  • Feb 5, 2016
    Found what I was looking for immediately with just one word of my search entered. Pretty amazing! Total purchase took less than 15 minutes from deciding what I wanted to buy before going to the website. It took longer to boot up the computer than anything else. I didn't take time to study the variety of products, because I immediately found exactly what I had in mind. Will go back and look to see whatelse we could use for the current project as it progresses.
  • Feb 5, 2016
    It would be helpful, when purchasing the metal casters that you identified which one of your feet/legs are compatible with each one.
  • Feb 5, 2016
    Love the design of your hardware. Would love more Art Nouveau and Art Deco selections
  • Feb 5, 2016
    BEAUTIFUL MATERIALS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ON THE PHONE AS WELL !
  • Feb 5, 2016
    You need to add free shipping on all purchases. Too expensive
  • Feb 4, 2016
    I have watched the prices consistently rise for the last five years. I am a professional finish carpenter. When I have to pay $70 for three sets of steel cabinet hinges, plus tax, plus shipping, I'm not so happy. $16 for shipping such a small order is ridiculous. It just so happens that you carry a very close match to the hinges I need, so you got the sale. This time... You should offer more and better promotions, and perhaps a building professional's discount.
  • Feb 4, 2016
    I have ordered items many times from van dykes and been satisfied with everything so far. i have recommended your company to my friends and family many times in the past.
  • Feb 4, 2016
    Van Dykes always has the hard to find stuff
  • Feb 4, 2016
    excellent site. lots of great choices! wish shipping were free!
  • Feb 4, 2016
    Beautiful selections I was excited to find the site. I have a daughter who just bought a Victorian home and will be looking for items for that. I do find shipping charges a bit excessive though.
  • Jan 30, 2016
    The catalog has a wonderful supply of items that will be useful in the future.
    Feb 5, 2016
    A wonderful collection of items. I will be returning the items for exchange as I ordered the wrong parts.
  • Jan 25, 2016
    I have done a lot of refining projects and always find what I need . I have passed your catalog on to lots of folks !
    Feb 5, 2016
    Product was poor quality! Looked like a piece of wood with groves cut in it ,not ball trim ! Looked nothing like pictured in the catalog? Was quite surprised because I have ordered many times from Van Dyke's and have always been happy with my purchases . Ended up carving our own . Expensive mistake with postage costs .
    Feb 5, 2016
    Very slow delivery and poor notification of status
  • Jan 25, 2016
    0 to no tech support. I don't know if they are under staffed or just don't care, but if I was about to lose $1500 worth of sales I would make some phone calls. Tech support never called me, so I got most of what I needed else where.
    Feb 5, 2016
    ZERO tech support. I had to "wing" it on a couple of purchases. Was told I would be called by tech support within 48 hours. It didn't happen. Twice! When I threatened to cancel order, it didn't matter. When i asked to talk to a manager, they were "unavaiable". I will exhaust other options before I by from Van Dykes again. Unless things change
  • Jan 24, 2016
    I only had trouble finding one item-the hinges. They were in last year's catalogue, and NOT in the 5 pages of hinges when I went online. So I ended up typing the product number from the catalogue, and gee-there it was. So, that was a little more work than necessary to find an item I think. Otherwise, all great! Love your wide variety of products!
    Feb 4, 2016
    I was very excited to get my order, and I was not disappointed! I passed everything on to my carpenter who is making a bookshelf to fit an old window, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of everything in terms of practicality and usability. I was most excited about the rat tail latch, I think it will add an authentic touch to the antique window and make the bookcase sing!!!
  • Jan 21, 2016
    The shipping rates are a bit ridiculous. i ordered a spindle that weighs less than an ounce and a half. Shipping is in no way close to $8 for this. However, I could not find this size spindle locally so am grateful you have it available.
    Feb 4, 2016