VentingDirect.com Reviews

VentingDirect.com Ratings and User Reviews. VentingDirect.com is rated 0.0 out of 10 from 7 reviews. Last rated on 06/02/2015.

Recent Reviews for VentingDirect.com

• Jun 2, 2015
    Nice website. Excellent price.
  • Jun 1, 2015
    When product arrives, I will have more to say
  • May 21, 2015
    Easy shopping. Like to see more options for the renovation kits for the in line bath fans 110 CFM not big enough for most folks we use the for.
  • May 5, 2015
    When you say "LIVE CHAT" you should do that!

From VentingDirect.com

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication you received when you contacted us for support and for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. We work hard to always be available for our customers and to provide them with thorough ... Read full response »
  • May 15, 2015
    one item was lost, but it worked out ok
  • Mar 23, 2015
    Apr 5, 2015
    We have had whole house fans for decades. They are good for cooling houses on the eastern seaboard in Spring and Fall -- and for short periods in the Summer. We bought the Air King 9166 because I didn't want to install a fan in the ceiling. How is it? So far very good. First, it was quick/easy to install and can be uninstalled in a minute or so if you want to put it away for the season. It has slider panels (I call them "wings") that pull out to fill the window width. You either rest the fan on the window ledge and use four screw into the outside edge of the window trim, or you install four screws to the inside of the window trim and basically "hang" the fan from them. Four other screws tighten the wings in place The first method is easier; the second requires fairly precise measurements so that everything lines up properly. I used the second method because the window is too close to a side wall to let me drill into the trim, and I had to reset two of the trim screws. My bad. It took me an extra ten minutes. The fan hangs in front of the window, so you can simply close the window when not using it. In fact you should do this as the screen should be open. We have a half screen which I have moved it to the top of the window opening and I open the top window for fresh air when not using the fan. It is not as noisy as I had been led to believe. It's not "whisper" quiet, because after all it has only a 20" blade diameter and it pushes quite a bit of air, but it is quieter than our last attic-style fan, especially quieter than a kitchen or bathroom exhaust fan. It is in my office (spare bedroom) and I can live with it there, but I wouldn't install it in a TV or music room. I have seen discussion about the required window size. I am one of those people who disagree with the manufacturer and say you can install it in a smaller window. I installed ours in a window opening almost 2" shorter than recommended by the manufacturer, but the air path is completely open. The full fan box may be 26 1/4 " high, but the circular portion around the blades is only 25" and the blades themselves have only that 20" diameter I mentioned. If you have a window with a 23-25" high opening, I'd use this fan, as it's low setting pushes as much air as the 16" version does on its high setting. Some people have mentioned unreliability. That bothers me, as there are few reasons for a fan to not not last decades. The only one that comes to mind would be if a person regularly used it without having other windows open, so it didn't have decent airflow across the motor and it overheated (it's what can kill vacuum cleaner motors). So far it is working fine. If it should fail I will send an update. Pros: Inexpensive, easy to install, not too noisy by fan standards. Cons: Does not move as much air as a comparable in-ceiling fan. This one is just under 3,600 CFM, which for our purposes is fine, but a standard 24" in-ceiling fan would move about 4,500 CFM and 30" - 36" fans would push much more. If you have a large house, or want to bring air into your whole house, you should probably go bigger.
  • Mar 8, 2015
    Could not check out with Paypal.